Virginia Beach hotel with ocean views and heated indoor pool; steps from the waterfront and a short drive from family attractions
Hotel at a Glance: Country Inn & Suites Virginia Beach
Country Inn & Suites Virginia Beach is just steps from the city’s pristine waterfront and family-friendly boardwalk, which Travel + Leisure praised as one of America’s best. The hotel is well situated for exploring oceanside shops, bars, and seafood restaurants. It’s within a 15-minute drive of attractions such as the Virginia Aquarium & Marine Science Center.
- Direct beach access: From this hotel’s doors, it’s only a short trek to the beach.
- Room with a view: Each of the hotel’s spacious studio suites opens onto a private balcony overlooking the Atlantic Ocean.
- In-room amenities: refrigerator, microwave, sleeper sofa, 32-inch flat-screen HDTV, and free WiFi
- Belgian waffles and fresh fruit are among the offerings at the complimentary breakfast buffet.
- Go for a swim in the heated indoor pool.
- Relax at the next-door Aura Day Spa, which offers massages and reflexology.
Virginia Beach, Virginia: Award-Winning Boardwalk and Seaside Museums
English settlers from the Virginia Company of London first stepped foot onto American soil in what is now Virginia Beach, Virginia. They would go on to found Jamestown, the first permanent English settlement, along the James River. But before they left the shoreline, they erected a cross on the spot where they had disembarked. Today, the First Landing Cross commemorates this momentous event. Needless to say, a lot has changed in Virginia Beach since the 1600s. The seaside town has become a family-friendly destination known for supersize beaches and a 3-mile-long boardwalk dubbed one of America’s best by Travel + Leisure.