What You Get
View local health guidelines for travel here
- Stay for two in a king studio suite or double-queen studio suite
- Up to two kids 17 or younger stay free in the double-queen studio suite
Hotel at a Glance: Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Savannah Gateway, GA
A short drive from Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Savannah Gateway, GA, historic downtown Savannah provides a glimpse into the South’s bygone antebellum days. Mossy magnolia trees stand in front of Greek Revival mansions, many of which have been featured in movies or on the city’s popular ghost tours. The hotel offers lots of southern hospitality itself as well as a hearty hot breakfast each morning.
- Go swimming: The indoor pool and jetted tub stay open year-round.
- In-room amenities include a 39-inch flat-screen TV and free wireless Internet.
- Tybee Island: This barrier island (about 30 miles away) has an abundance of kayaking, parasailing, and jet-skiing opportunities as well as a lighthouse that’s nearly three centuries old.
Savannah, Georgia: Historical Mansions and a Lively River Walk
Founded in 1733 as Georgia’s first town, Savannah is not only one of the most graceful cities in the South but also one the most historic. The old but well-preserved architecture landed it on Forbes’s 2011 list of America’s Best Downtowns, and Travel + Leisure dubbed it one of the top cities in the United States and Canada in 2013. The city’s 22 famous public squares play host to some famous landmarks, such as antebellum-era houses framed by moss-covered oak trees. Head to Oglethorpe Square to see the Owens-Thomas House, an English Regency–style mansion completed in 1819 that now serves as a museum; tours here depart from the original carriage house and go past its charming English-style parterre garden.
Another relic of Savannah’s past, River Street curves for about a mile along Savannah River’s south bank. The cobblestone walkways are lined with 100-year-old cotton warehouses that have been converted into antique shops, brewpubs, and galleries. A short walk west of River Street will take you to the City Market, a four-block public meeting space on the edge of downtown.
King Studio Suite
- One king bed and one sofa bed
- Standard occupancy: 2
- Maximum occupancy: 2
Double-Queen Studio Suite
- Two queen beds and one sofa bed
- Standard occupancy: 2
- Maximum occupancy: 4
- Adding occupants above standard: $10 per night for each additional guest 18 or older; kids 17 or younger stay free
- Check in: 3 p.m.
- Check out: 11 a.m.
- Parking: free
- Smoking policy: no smoking inside the property
- Pet policy: pets are not allowed inside the property.
- Accessibility: please contact property for handicap accessibility requests or options.
- Room upgrades: upgrades may be available during booking or at check-in for an additional cost.
- Indoor pool and jetted tub
- Complimentary buffet breakfast
- Fitness center
- Free WiFi
The Fine Print
- 48-hour cancellation notice required prior to check-in or reservation is non-refundable; reservations made within cancellation window are non-refundable
- No-shows will be charged total Groupon rate
- Traveler name must match ID at time of check-in
- No refunds will be processed by Groupon after check-in
- Must be 21+ to check in
- Credit card required at check-in
- Rates may vary by date and are subject to availability
- Dates cannot be changed once booked; valid only for night(s) purchased.
- Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Savannah Gateway, GA
- Nearest airport: Savannah/Hilton Head International Airport (SAV; 13 miles)
- Cab fare: about $45 from SAV, including a 15% tip