Hotel at a Glance: Courtyard Bowling Green Convention Center
Courtyard Bowling Green Convention Center is an upscale, welcoming hotel that's convenient for visits to Mammoth Cave National Park and other attractions in central Kentucky. A restaurant and indoor pool are located onsite; there are also plenty of shops and restaurants nearby.
- Notable neighbors: Western Kentucky University is a 6-minute drive away; Beech Bend Park, an amusement park set to open on May 3, is less than 15 minutes away.
- Onsite restaurant and bar serves breakfast and Starbucks coffee in the morning; come back later for cocktails, craft beer, and casual fare such as wings, burgers, and wraps.
- Make a splash in the heated indoor pool.
- Free fitness classes at the Bowling Green Athletic Club, just a 2-minute walk away
- Tempur-Pedic memory mattresses in some guest rooms
Bowling Green, Kentucky: College Town amid Rolling Hills
Surrounded by rolling hills in south-central Kentucky, Bowling Green was recently named one of the best places to retire in the United States by Forbes magazine. There's plenty to do here, but the pace is relaxed and the scenery beautiful, thanks in part to the multitude of public parks within city limits. The students at Western Kentucky University keep things young and vibrant; you can easily find bars and restaurants catering to the college crowd.
When you're ready for a little adventure, check out nearby Mammoth Cave National Park, the world's longest cave system at 400 miles. You can go on ranger-led cave tours to see impressive stalactites and stalagmites, and maybe even learn the difference. Back in town, head to the [Corvette Museum)(http://www.corvettemuseum.org/) to see multitudes of sleek cars and take an [assembly plant tour](http://www.corvettemuseum.org/plant_tours/index.shtml) to watch them being put together.