Top Reasons to Stay at Courtyard by Marriott Glenwood Springs
- The hotel, among the newest in Glenwood Springs, features amenities including a GoBoard interactive touchscreen, private media pods, and a massive gas fireplace, all located in the redesigned lobby.
- Less than 2 miles from the hotel, Glenwood Hot Springs’ steaming pool is infused with 15 restorative minerals and is open year round. Seasonal attractions include two water slides and a kiddie pool.
- Spacious mountain-view guest rooms feature contemporary wood furnishings and Asian-inspired decor. All rooms also have flat-screen TVs and free WiFi.
- With this Getaway, you’ll get one free Starbucks drink with any purchase at The Bistro, which serves casual breakfast and dinner entrees and has a full bar with craft beers and wine (one drink can be redeemed per stay).
- Grab a seat on the patio and admire the spectacular mountain views.
Glenwood Springs, Colorado: Small Town in the Rockies with Hot Springs
Located about 160 miles west of Denver, Glenwood Springs is surrounded by the beauty of the Rocky Mountains and lots of outdoor fun. Rand McNally and USA Today named it the Most Fun Town in America in 2011 because there’s almost always something to do here. Golfing and hiking are within easy reach, and several of Colorado’s most popular ski resorts, including Aspen and Vail, are less than an hour away. Head to Glenwood Canyon for some nice spots for hiking—trails wind through aspen groves, meadows, and rocky hills with hidden waterfalls.
The area’s geothermal attractions are also must-sees, particularly the Glenwood Hot Springs pool. More than 3 million gallons of hot water flow through the pool every day, making it the world’s largest swimming pool of its kind. The same waters run through the Yampah Spa and Vapor Caves, creating a mineral-enriched steam in the humid subterranean chambers. Visitors can descend into these caves to breathe in the healing vapors, which have a high concentration of sulfate, nitrate, zinc, and potassium.