Hotel at a Glance: Courtyard By Marriott Lake Placid
Set in the middle of the Adirondack Mountains, the Courtyard By Marriott Lake Placid is a comfy jumping-off point for exploring the great outdoors. This renovated hotel is close to Whiteface Mountain and enormous Lake Placid, as well as the largest trail system in the nation—you'll have more than 2,000 miles to hike. You'll also be close to the restaurants and shops of Lake Placid and within sight of craggy bluffs and alpine forests.
- The shores of Lake Placid and the Lake Placid Olympic Museum are just a few minutes away.
- Spacious rooms feature mini refrigerators and granite bathroom countertops.
- Double hot tubs warm you up next to the heated indoor pool, which also has a waterfall.
- Hearty breakfast buffet with items such as thick-cut french toast with strawberries
- Lounge by a fire on the cushy leather couch and plush chairs in the lobby.
Lake Placid, New York: World-Class Skiing and Small-Town Charm in the Adirondack Mountains
Nestled in northeastern New York's Adirondack Mountains, the village of Lake Placid is actually set on the shores of Mirror Lake, just south of Lake Placid proper. Year-round, folks flock to the area to take advantage of its abundant opportunities for outdoor recreation and to see the site of the "Miracle on Ice"—the US hockey team’s heart-stopping upset victory over the Soviets during the 1980 Winter Olympic Games.
Come springtime, winter sports give way to kayaking trips and scenic hikes along leafy backcountry trails. Along Lake Placid's quaint Main Street, you'll find a string of boutiques and curio shops, along with galleries and workshops where you can watch artisans blowing glass. Wine-tasting rooms and bakeries offer a sampling of local flavors.