What You Get
View local health guidelines for travel here
Effective 6/1/21–8/31/21, executive action from the NYC mayor's office will eliminate the 5.875% hotel room occupancy tax rate. This property will provide a refund of said tax at the time of check-in for all stays occurring within the specified dates.
- Stay for two in a king room or four in a double-queen room
Hotel at a Glance: Courtyard by Marriott New York Manhattan/Upper East Side
The Metropolitan Museum of Art and the futuristic-looking Guggenheim, among many other museums, are just blocks from the Courtyard by Marriott New York Manhattan/Upper East Side. It’s a prime location if you want to check out New York’s most beloved cultural institutions. There’s also easy access to public transportation, which can put you in Midtown in a few minutes.
- The Gracie Mansion is less than a 10-minute walk away; the legendary estate has hosted Nelson Mandela and Bill Clinton and has views of the East River.
- Break a sweat: There’s an onsite fitness center with sauna and steam room.
- Hop on the free WiFi to search for the for the best dining options nearby.
Manhattan’s Upper East Side: Star-Studded Neighborhood Close to Central Park and Museums
Celebrities, politicians, and some of New York’s wealthiest denizens make their homes in the Upper East Side, which ranks among the most affluent neighborhoods in Manhattan (property values here have the highest pricing per square foot in the United States). Located just minutes from Central Park and the Theater District, the picturesque neighborhood has served as the backdrop for a litany of films and television shows, from Breakfast at Tiffany’s to Woody Allen’s Manhattan.
The western edge of the Upper East Side abuts Central Park and the “Museum Mile,” a stretch of cultural institutions on Fifth Avenue anchored by The Metropolitan Museum of Art, one of the largest art galleries in the world. With more than 2 million works on display, you’ll have to spend your time there wisely—check out Time Out New York’s list of “10 Must-See Works” for a handy reference. Nine other museums fill out the Museum Mile, most notably the Frank Lloyd Wright–designed Guggenheim art museum and The Africa Center, the first addition to Museum Mile since 1959.
- One king bed
- Standard occupancy: 2
- Maximum occupancy: 2
- Two queen beds
- Standard occupancy: 4
- Maximum occupancy: 4
- Check in: 3 p.m.
- Check out: 12 p.m.
- Parking: valet and off-site self-parking available for an additional $67 per day.
- Smoking policy: no smoking inside the property.
- Pet policy: pets are not allowed inside the property.
- Accessibility: please contact property for handicap accessibility requests or options.
- Room upgrades: not available
- Fitness center
- Steam room and sauna
- Beauty shop
- Free WiFi
- 24-hour cancellation notice required prior to check-in or reservation is non-refundable; reservations made within cancellation window are non-refundable
- No-shows will be charged total Groupon rate
- Traveler name must match ID at time of check-in
- No refunds will be processed by Groupon after check-in
- Must be 18+ to check in
- Credit card required at check-in
- Rates may vary by date and are subject to availability
- Dates cannot be changed once booked; valid only for night(s) purchased.
- Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About Courtyard by Marriott New York Manhattan/Upper East Side
- Nearest airports: LaGuardia (LGA; 8 miles) and John F. Kennedy International (JFK; 22 miles)
- Cab fare: about $30 from LGA and $55 from JFK, including a 15% tip
- Nearest transit stop: 96th St subway station