Luxurious Resort Tucked in the Blue Ridge Mountains
In 1948, Claus Moberg purchased a 30-acre apple orchard in North Carolina’s High Country, where he eventually built a quaint cottage for his family. Each summer, the family retreated to the abode tucked between dense forests. In 2004, the estate was transformed into Crestwood Resort & Spa. Guests can admire the property’s mountain views and be close to the charming towns of Boone and Blowing Rock, as well as the Blue Ridge Parkway. Claus's design is still evident throughout the hallways of the spacious inn, which displays his original artwork and floor plans.
Elegant furnishings and forest views define Crestwood Resort & Spa’s welcoming guest rooms. Guests have access to a range of amenities, including a complimentary hot breakfast. You can also unwind in the dry sauna and steam room, or enjoy a refreshing facial or massage at the spa.
Crestwood's onsite restaurant, The Table, partners with local producers to serve farm-to-table fare infused with an upscale European touch, from grilled pork medallions to piquant shrimp and grits. Afterwards, consider grabbing a pint of locally brewed beer at The Dawg Star Bar, an onsite pub that invites travelers to have a sunset drink.
Highlights of Blowing Rock, North Carolina
- A scenic location: Blowing Rock is located on the edge of the 500,000-acre Pisgah National Forest in northeastern North Carolina. To see the sights from a car, head to the Blue Ridge Parkway, a scenic motorway through the Appalachians.
- Outdoor recreation: The town is a home base for outdoor recreation in the Blue Ridge Mountains—especially hiking, whitewater rafting, fly-fishing, and horseback riding.
- Must-visit park: Moses H. Cone Memorial Park, a historic estate on 3,600 acres of forests and meadows, has 26 miles of carriage roads designated for walking and horseback riding.
- Blowing Rock’s Main Street is lined with antique shops, boutiques, and upscale bistros.
- Go shopping at Tanger Outlets, home to Banana Republic, Loft, and Polo Ralph Lauren outlet stores.
- Winter activities: About 25 miles northwest of Blowing Rock is Beech Mountain Resort, a popular ski spot with 15 trails for all skill levels. According to Fodor’s, it's the eastern United States's highest ski area, at 5,500 feet above sea level.