Luxurious Resort Tucked in the Blue Ridge Mountains
In 1948, Claus Moberg purchased a 30-acre apple orchard in North Carolina’s High Country, where he eventually built a quaint cottage for his family. Each summer, the family retreated to the abode tucked between dense forests. In 2004, the estate was transformed into Crestwood Resort & Spa, where guests can admire the property’s mountain views and be close to the charming towns of Boone and Blowing Rock, as well as the Blue Ridge Parkway. The original design is still evident throughout the hallways of the spacious inn, which displays Moberg’s original artwork and floor plans.
Elegant furnishings and forest views define Crestwood Resort & Spa’s welcoming guest rooms. Guests have access to a range of amenities, including a complimentary hot breakfast. You can also unwind in the dry sauna and steam room, enjoy a refreshing facial or massage at the spa, or swim some laps in the indoor pool. One of this getaway’s options comes with a $15 spa credit and a complimentary appetizer.
Crestwood’s onsite restaurant, The Table, partners with local producers to serve farm-to-table fare, from grilled pork medallions to shrimp and grits. The Table does not serve lunch, and will be closed on Mondays and Tuesdays for dinner service. After dinner, you can grab a pint of locally brewed beer at The Dawg Star Bar, an onsite pub.
Blowing Rock, North Carolina: Scenic Hikes in the Blue Ridge Mountains
Blowing Rock is located on the edge of the 500,000-acre Pisgah National Forest in northwestern North Carolina. The town, named for a rock formation, is a home base for outdoor recreation in the Blue Ridge Mountains—especially hiking, whitewater rafting, fly-fishing, and horseback riding. Moses H. Cone Memorial Park, a historic estate on 3,600 acres of forests and meadows, has 26 miles of carriage roads designated for walking and horseback riding. To see the sights from a car, head to the Blue Ridge Parkway, a scenic motorway through the Appalachians.
Back in town, Blowing Rock’s Main Street is lined with antique shops, boutiques, and upscale bistros. Bargain hunters might want to stop by Tanger Outlets, home to Banana Republic, Loft, and Polo Ralph Lauren outlet stores.
What You Get
- Stay for two in a select queen room, villa standard king room, or villa king suite
- The villa standard king room includes a $15 spa credit & complimentary appetizer from The Table (restaurant closed Mondays and Tuesdays)
- Dates into October
Policies and Fees
* Reservations: Dates cannot be changed once booked; valid only for night(s) purchased.
* Cancellation policy: 6-day cancellation notice required prior to check-in or reservation is non-refundable; reservations made within cancellation window are non-refundable.
* Additional fees: $15 daily resort fee added at hotel check-out
* Rates may vary by date and are subject to availability.
No-shows will be charged total Groupon rate; no refunds, rescheduling, or rebooking allowed. Read the Fine Print for important info on offer details and other restrictions.
Amenities and Room Details
- Onsite bar and restaurant
- Tennis courts, bocce ball, and croquet field
- Fitness room and indoor lap pool
- Onsite spa with sauna and steam room
- Daily continental breakfast buffet
- Fire pit with seating area
- Shuffleboard area
- Wifi in all rooms and common areas
- Lounge and library
Select Queen Room * One queen bed * Standard occupancy: 2 * Maximum occupancy: 2
Villa Standard King Room * One king bed * Standard occupancy: 2 * Maximum occupancy: 2
Villa King Suite * One king bed and one sleeper sofa * Standard occupancy: 2 * Maximum occupancy: 4 * Adding occupants above standard: $15 per person per night
- Check in: 3 p.m.
- Check out: 11 a.m.
- Resort fee includes: spa access, hot breakfast, wifi, and access to all other amenities
- Parking: free
- Rollaways: not available
- Smoking policy: no smoking inside the property
- Pet policy: pets 20 lbs. or less may be added for $25 per pet per night in the villa king rooms only.
- Accessibility: please contact property for handicap accessibility requests or options.
- Room upgrades: upgrades may be available by calling the hotel or at check-in for an additional cost.
- Nearest airports: Charlotte Douglas International Airport (CLT; 95 miles); Tri-Cities Regional Airport (TRI; 60 miles)
- Distance to Asheville: about 85 miles
The Fine Print
- Dates cannot be changed once booked; valid only for night(s) purchased
- 6-day cancellation notice required prior to check-in or reservation is non-refundable; reservations made within cancellation window are non-refundable
- No-shows will be charged total Groupon rate
- Traveler name must match ID at time of check-in
- No refunds will be processed by Groupon after check-in
- Must be 18 or older to check in
- Credit card required at check-in
- Not valid with reward points
- $15 daily resort fee added at hotel check-out.
- Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.