Kid-friendly oceanfront hotel features a water park and several dining options
Property at a Glance: Crown Reef Beach Resort and Waterpark
Water is the main attraction at Crown Reef Beach Resort and Waterpark. The resort’s oceanfront water park features two four-story slides, a Salty’s Splash House with kiddie slide and silly sub, and other ways to make a splash. You can also swim in the heated outdoor pools or lounge in the jetted tubs for some relaxation.
- Year-round swimming: The water park is seasonally enclosed and heated during the cooler months, and also features a heated indoor pool.
- Admire the Atlantic from your room’s private balcony.
- In-room amenities: TVs, full kitchens, and free WiFi
- Town Center: This area of the resort is filled with oceanfront dining options, a sweet shop, a coffee bar, and an arcade.
- Grab a bite at the Loco Gecko Beach Shak, which serves pizza, salads, burgers, and other casual dishes for lunch and dinner.
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina: Sandy Beaches, Golf Courses, and Classic Amusement-Park Rides
Myrtle Beach is the crown jewel of South Carolina’s Grand Strand, a 60-mile stretch of white-sand beaches along the Atlantic seaboard that draws surfers, fishers, and kayakers. The city was named one of the best vacation spots in the United States for a family by USA Today, in part because of its wooden boardwalk, which stretches for more than a mile and buzzes with carnival games and amusement-park rides. Hop into the SkyWheel Ferris wheel’s gondolas, surrounded by more than a million LED lights, for a panoramic view of the city below.
Less than 20 miles south of Myrtle Beach, the tiny fishing village of Murrells Inlet provides a tranquil contrast to the boardwalk’s hustle and bustle. At Brookgreen Gardens, more than 2,000 sculptures stand amid sprawling floral gardens and massive, moss-covered oak trees that have been around for centuries. Murrells Inlet is also home to the Tom Fazio–designed TPC Myrtle Beach golf course, 1 of nearly 100 courses in the area that helped Myrtle Beach earn its title as the seaside golf capital of the world.