Hotel at a Glance: Cupertino Inn
Striding across the tile floors as light spills in from massive floor-to-ceiling windows and chandeliers glitter overhead, you immediately escape daily life at the Cupertino Inn. All rooms feature large workspaces and modern bathrooms, while Executive Suites add a living space. High-speed internet throughout the hotel makes it easy to look up local attractions or finish a day’s work. And the 24-hour room service makes spending your $10 dining credit easy.
- Make your own omelets at the complimentary breakfast buffet.
- Go for a swim in the heated outdoor pool or soak in the hot tub.
- Complimentary SUV transportation: travels anywhere within a 3-mile radius; subject to availability
- Unwind at the nightly happy hour from 5 to 6 p.m., where you can sip beer, wine, or top-shelf cocktails.
- Shop ‘til you drop at the Stanford Shopping Center, located just 20 minutes away, or at the nearby Santana Row, an upscale outdoor shopping mall situated just 10 minutes from the hotel.
Cupertino, California: Silicon Valley Cities near Wine Country
Located in northern California, Cupertino is one of the major cities that make up the famous Silicon Valley. It’s home to high-tech companies including Apple and IBM, as well as dozens of shops and restaurants that sprung up during the dot-com era. Just east of here is San Jose, which lies less than 60 miles from San Francisco.
It’s neighbored by Mountain View and Palo Alto, where tech giants such as Apple, Google, and Intel have their headquarters on what was once agricultural land. The new influx of money from the tech sector has attracted fine-dining restaurants, shops, and a thriving arts scene to the area.
Microchips haven’t completely taken over the former farmland around San Jose, though. The jagged Santa Cruz Mountains and rolling valleys have rich soils for growing grapes. Silicon Valley wine country has more than 30 wineries that produce pinot noir, syrah, and zinfandel. There’s also a wide selection of golf courses that you can enjoy year-round thanks to the area’s Mediterranean-like weather.