Hotel at a Glance: Days Inn Gatlinburg On the River
When you’re checking in at Days Inn Gatlinburg On the River, listen for the sounds of a nearby creek and take in the lobby’s stone fireplace. Both reflect the region’s natural aesthetic—the Great Smoky Mountains National Park is just 2 miles away.
- Where you’ll stay: Guest rooms are comfortable and inviting, with simple decor and handy amenities such as microwaves and fridges.
- Take a dip in the outdoor pool or relax in the hot tub.
- Complimentary breakfast: coffee, tea, juice, cereal, waffles, oatmeal, egg and cheese omelet, yogurt, bread, fresh oatmeal with choice of toppings.
- River views from guest-room balconies
- Within a mile: Arrowmont School of Arts and Crafts and Ripley’s Aquarium of the Smokies
- Within 10 miles: Dollywood amusement park.
Gatlinburg, Tennessee: Charming Artists’ Village amid Great Smoky Mountains
Gatlinburg rests near Tennessee’s eastern border, less than 3 miles from Great Smoky Mountains National Park. Beyond the majesty of the mountains and forest nearby, Gatlinburg’s main attraction is probably the artists’ loop. It comprises more than 100 craft shops, studios, and cafés, and you can watch artisans as they hand weave baskets and whittle wooden figurines. Downtown Gatlinburg itself is a mountain village filled with old-fashioned ice-cream shops and boutiques selling housemade jams and decorative gewgaws.