Hotel at a Glance: Days Inn Las Vegas
Days Inn Las Vegas sits within a mile of the glitz and glamour of the Vegas Strip, where you’ll find high-end shopping, dining, and nightlife along with palatial casinos. The hotel has an onsite casino of its own, brimming with neon slots that are available 24 hours a day.
- Extra perks: As part of this deal, guests will receive $10 in match play toward table games at the onsite casino, as well as 2-for-1 well drinks. Guests who enroll in the casino’s free membership program are entitled to additional perks. Contact the hotel for more information.
- Free breakfast: Guests can enjoy a complimentary Grand Slam breakfast at the onsite Denny’s.
- Go swimming in an outdoor pool and hot tub with nice views of the Strip.
- Get to the Strip: Walk (16 minutes), drive (5 minutes), or take the 201 bus (7 minutes).
- Natural attractions: Red Rock Canyon and the Hoover Dam are within a 45-minute drive of the hotel.
Las Vegas: The Strip Past and Present
Mentioning Las Vegas usually conjures up images of spinning roulette wheels and stone-faced poker players. If that’s what you’re looking for, you’ll want to make a beeline for the casinos lining the neon-lit Strip. But for lower-stakes gambling in a throwback Vegas atmosphere, head downtown to Fremont Street. Vintage signs and showgirls crowned with headdresses recall the days of Sinatra and Martin, but this Glitter Gulch burns much brighter today than it did in the Rat Pack era: beginning at dusk, a canopy of more than 12 million LED lights erupts in a psychedelic light and music show every hour.
Educational attractions have never been Sin City’s strong suit, but the Mob Museum boasts a winning formula: bank robberies, prostitution, and money laundering. Exhibits profile legendary Mafiosi from Capone to Gotti, and mob artifacts include the bloodstained, bullet-pocked brick wall from the St. Valentine’s Day Massacre. Within the former federal courthouse, you can fire a Tommy gun simulator, participate in a police lineup, or enter witness protection for the rest of your life.