Top Reasons to Stay at Days Inn Sandpoint
- Days Inn Sandpoint is just a short walk from Lake Pend Oreille, a glacier-fed lake where you can fish for rainbow or brook trout.
- Hiking and biking are popular autumn pastimes here. Come winter, skiing rules, especially at the nearby Schweitzer Mountain Resort.
- When you head back to the hotel at the end of the day, you can unwind in the indoor hot tub and sauna.
- The inn resembles a rustic lodge, with exposed wooden beams and natural stone throughout.
- You’ll get a free continental breakfast each morning with yogurt, oatmeal, and fresh fruit.
- Each room comes with complimentary WiFi, so you can stay connected to the outside world.
Sandpoint, Idaho: Lakeside Town in the Foothills of the Rockies
In 2011, USA Today named Sandpoint as the most beautiful small town in America. The northern Idaho town is situated along the sparkling waters of Lake Pend Oreille and near the rugged peaks of Schweitzer Mountain. You can take a scenic chairlift ride to the summit for panoramic views that extend to Canada, Montana, and Washington. The chairlift also takes you to high-altitude mountain-biking and hiking trails. Try the 2.5-mile Nature Trail, which wends past wildflowers and huckleberry bushes; keep an eye out for deer, hawks, chipmunks, and other wildlife.
Schweitzer Mountain boasts picturesque views of Lake Pend Oreille, the largest in Idaho. Visitors and locals flock to the lake each summer to cool off with watersports such as standup paddleboarding and jet skiing. Fishing is a big draw, too—kokanee salmon and rainbow trout make their homes in these glacier-fed waters.
If you head back into downtown Sandpoint, you’ll find streets lined with turn-of-the-century buildings, including Panida Theater, which dates back to 1927. The building—now listed on the National Register of Historic Places—hosts movies, concerts, film festivals, and musicals throughout the year.