What You Get
View local health guidelines for travel here
- Stay for two in a queen room or double-queen room
- Up to two kids 17 or younger stay free in a double-queen room
Hotel at a Glance: Days Inn Encinitas
Encinitas is a casual California town with access to Moonlight Beach. The town is marked by a large “Encinitas” sign with plenty to do in and around the area. Encinitas is but a short distance from San Diego, without the hustle and bustle of downtown. A stay here pairs comfort with the exquisite oceanside nature California has to offer.
- Room with a view: The rooms here are relaxing and comfortable, most have a view of outside where you can view California palm trees and other foliage
- Rise and shine: This Days Inn includes a complimentary, continental breakfast, complete with coffees and teas, to start the day off on the right foot. Afterward, guests can enjoy other hotel amenities such as the outdoor pool.
- Explore the neighborhood: This inn is but a short distances away from LEGOLAND, which houses water slides and large LEGO sculptures. A mile down the road from the inn lays Moonlight Beach where locals and visitors swim and surf.
- Local grub: A classic California In-N-Out is but a short distance from Days Inn Encinitas while there are plenty of local stops such as Mr. Peabody’s Bar & Grill, which hosts daily live music, and Encinitas Cafe, an old-timey diner with breakfast and American cuisine
Cardiff-by-the-Sea, California: Walkable Coastal Town with Famed Surf Spots
Though it occupies just a 2-mile stretch of the Southern California coast, Cardiff-by-the-Sea draws a number of visitors each year, thanks to 900 acres of scenic wetlands and two coveted surf spots. The most popular of these is Cardiff Reef, where rocky bluffs overlook consistent breakers. When the waters recede, snorkelers and swimmers explore tide pools filled with tropical fish. To spot even more wildlife, hit the wetland trails at San Elijo Lagoon, where you can see hundreds of bird species.
Cardiff-by-the-Sea’s three-block-long town center is filled with art galleries, a row of restaurants, and a family-owned donut shop. For big-city attractions, make the scenic 25-mile drive south to San Diego. In the famous Balboa Park, you’ll find a miniature railroad, a vintage carousel, and the San Diego Zoo.
- One queen bed
- Standard occupancy: 2
- Maximum occupancy: 2
- Two queen beds
- Standard occupancy: 2
- Maximum occupancy: 4
- Adding occupants above standard: $10 per night for each additional guest 18 or older; kids 17 or younger stay free
- Check in: 3 p.m.
- Check out: 12 p.m.
- Parking: free
- Smoking policy: smoking rooms available upon request by calling the property.
- Pet policy: pets are not allowed inside the property.
- Accessibility: please contact property for handicap-accessibility requests or options.
- Room upgrades: upgrades may be available by calling the property or at check-in for an additional cost.
- Free Wifi
- Complimentary breakfast
- Air conditioning
The Fine Print
- 48-hour cancellation notice required prior to check-in or reservation is non-refundable; reservations made within cancellation window are non-refundable
- No-shows will be charged total Groupon rate
- Traveler name must match ID at time of check-in
- No refunds will be processed by Groupon after check-in
- Must be 18+ to check in
- Credit card required at check-in
- Rates may vary by date and are subject to availability
- Dates cannot be changed once booked; valid only for night(s) purchased.
- Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
Days Inn by Wyndham Encinitas Moonlight Beach
- San Diego International Airport (SAN; 25 miles)
- Distance from San Diego: 26 miles
- Cab fare: about $89 from SAN