Top Reasons to Visit DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Santa Ana – Orange County Airport:
- The hotel is located 2 miles from the John Wayne Airport and the South Coast Plaza shopping center, which is filled with 250 designer boutiques, 30 restaurants, and 4 performing-arts venues.
- It’s less than 20 minutes from the Disneyland Resort.
- It’s less than 20 minutes from the famous Newport, Laguna, and Huntington Beaches, and an 18-hole golf course.
- Visitors can hop on the complimentary shuttle to get to the airport, plaza, or any location within 3 miles of the hotel.
- The onsite Meritage Restaurant serves California Fusion food for breakfast, lunch and dinner, featuring salads, pastas, burgers and a full bar.
- A breakfast buffet in the Meritage restaurant from 7 a.m. to 10 a.m. includes cooked-to-order omelets and heart-healthy options such as yogurt and whole-grain breads for an additional cost.
- The common space houses a heated outdoor pool, whirlpool, and Precor fitness center.
- Top-floor guest rooms, which were renovated in 2011, feature flat-screen TVs and mini refrigerators.
Santa Ana, California: Cultural Museums near SoCal's Orange Coast
Situated about 30 miles southeast of Los Angeles, Santa Ana is a quiet inland community. It's a short drive to the beach, but the museums take center stage here. The Bowers Museum houses art from Native Americans, Pacific Islanders, South Americans, and the pre-Columbian era. Docents lead guided tours through the Lyon Air Museum, which occupies a portion of the John Wayne Airport and displays a rare collection of military vehicles, aircraft, and WWII memorabilia. Among the museum's holdings are Hitler's circa-1939 Mercedes Benz and a Boeing B-17 "Flying Fortress" that once carried Dwight D. Eisenhower and was later used in movies such as Tora Tora Tora.
About 12 miles away lies the Pacific Ocean and a cluster of famous beach towns along the Orange Coast, including Newport Beach and Huntington Beach. You can lounge on the sand, grab a bite at a seaside shack, or try your hand at surfing some of the region's best waves. Head to Huntington Central Park for unbeatable sunsets over the Pacific.
There's also Laguna Beach, which was thrust into the spotlight in the mid-2000s as the setting of the eponymous MTV reality show. Here, locals and tourists alike soak up rays on Main Beach, where you can join in a game of basketball or take a stroll along the boardwalk. The area known as Laguna Village is where you’ll find the city’s best shops, restaurants, and galleries. Public artwork reflects Laguna's vibrant history as an artist community in the 1920s.