Hotel at a Glance: Dover House
Dover House invites its guests to stay in a spacious, contemporary one-bedroom condo in the resort town of Delray Beach on Florida’s sun-drenched Atlantic Coast. You’ll be close to everything that has made this area one of the country’s top vacation destinations, including top-notch shopping and lively nightlife.
- Where’s the beach? It’s virtually on-site. Just cross the street and you’re there.
- Take in the sun from your private balcony or patio.
- Fully equipped kitchen with a dishwasher and stove
- Take a dip in the outdoor swimming pool, or relax in the hot tub.
- Spread out: Your room features separate living and sleeping areas. There’s a sofa bed in the living room.
- Easy day trips: Palm Beach (20 miles away), Fort Lauderdale (40 miles), Miami (50 miles)
Delray Beach, Florida: Fun in the Sun near Palm Beach and Miami
Delray Beach lies on Florida’s Atlantic coast, between Boca Raton to the south and Boynton Beach to the north. It boasts some excellent public beaches, including Delray Municipal Beach, which gets high marks for its sand quality and warm, swimmable waters. For the best shopping, dining, and nightlife, head to the rejuvenated Atlantic Avenue. If you’re looking for a more contemplative experience, spend an afternoon at the Morikami Museum and Japanese Gardens, where you can see art and artifacts from Japan and stroll amid tranquil landscaping, including an impressive bonsai collection.
Palm Beach, which is only about 20 miles away, makes a nice day trip. This elegant city on the Intracoastal Waterway has long been a favored retreat for America’s rich and famous—the Kennedys, Trumps, and Rockefellers have all spent winters here. The warm weather, gorgeous beaches, and golf courses are a surefire cure for the winter blues, and they don’t hurt in summer either. Midtown Beach, a kid-friendly stretch of golden sand surrounded by glitzy estates, is an ideal spot for building a tan or a sand castle.