What You Get
View local health guidelines for travel here
- Stay for four in a one-bedroom golf villa or standard one-bedroom gulf-front suite or six in a two-bedroom golf villa or standard two-bedroom gulf-front suite
Hotel at a Glance: Edgewater Beach and Golf Resort
Rising over the sandy coastline of Panama City Beach, Edgewater Beach and Golf Resort is practically a seaside city unto itself. Three high-rises surround a cluster of pools, whirlpools, and lagoons, some of which are dotted with miniature islands and waterfalls. Just beyond the pools is the beach.
- Grab a bite: There are several dining venues on site and nearby, plus an onsite market with Starbucks coffee and a cocktail lounge. Spacious villas and suites also have full kitchens if you’d rather eat in.
Fun on the beach: The staff can help you arrange kayak and paddleboard rentals.
- Spacious accommodations: Your suite or villa will have at least 600 square feet of space, plus a patio or balcony.
- Tennis anyone?: The resort has 10 all-weather Plexicushion courts, which have lights for night play.
- Look as good as you feel: The onsite salon offers a range of beautifying services.
Panama City Beach, Florida: Sugar-White Beaches and and Scuba-Diving Spots
Panama City Beach’s slogan—“The World’s Most Beautiful Beaches”—may seem boastful. But TripAdvisor helped back up this claim in 2013, naming the local St. Andrews State Park as having 1 of the top 25 beaches in the United States. The park also has two fishing piers, a jetty, and a boat ramp, plus nature trails for bird watching. Elsewhere in town, you can arrange a scuba-diving trip to explore the area’s dozens of natural and artificial reefs.
There are numerous amusement parks along the 20-plus miles of shoreline. Many of the popular seafood restaurants and bars here overlook the Gulf of Mexico.
If you’re looking to escape the crowds, take the ferry to Shell Island, an uninhabited, 7-mile-long barrier island. On the ride over, you might see some of the bottlenose dolphins that frequent these warm waters. Once there, you can soak in the sun on the empty beaches and go snorkeling. It’s also worth it to visit the nature preserve at Conservation Park, which has 24 miles of trails. One 11-mile trek goes past wooden boardwalks and wetlands; keep your eyes peeled and you might see woodpeckers in the trees and alligators lurking beside cypresses.
One-Bedroom Golf Villa and Standard One-Bedroom Gulf-Front Suite
- One king or queen bed and one sofa bed
- Standard occupancy: 4
- Maximum occupancy: 4
Two-Bedroom Golf Villa and Standard Two-Bedroom Gulf-Front Suite
- Two king or queen beds and one sofa bed
- Standard occupancy: 6
- Maximum occupancy: 6
- Check in: 4 p.m.
- Check out: 10 a.m.
- Parking: available for an additional $15 plus tax per vehicle, per stay.
- Smoking policy: no smoking inside the property.
- Pet policy: pets are not allowed inside the property.
- Accessibility: handicap-accessible rooms are not available.
- Room upgrades: not available.
- 11 swimming pools and four jetted tubs
- Nine-hole golf course
- Multiple dining options, several bars, and a market
- Fitness center (closed until further notice)
- Salon and spa
- 10 tennis courts
- Free WiFi
- Nonmotorized watersport geat rental (fees apply, seasonal)
- Beach bonfires (fees apply, seasonal)
- Adventure zone (fees may apply)
The Fine Print
- 8-day cancellation notice required prior to check-in or reservation is non-refundable; reservations made within cancellation window are non-refundable
- No-shows will be charged total Groupon rate
- Traveler name must match ID at time of check-in
- No refunds will be processed by Groupon after check-in
- Must be 25+ to check in
- Credit card required at check-in
- $55 damage waiver fee plus tax paid at check-in
- $95 (one-bedroom units) or $115 (two-bedroom units) cleaning fee paid at check-in
- $15 vehicle pass fee plus tax paid at check-in
- 7% reservation fee added at purchase
- Rates may vary by date and are subject to availability
- Dates cannot be changed once booked; valid only for night(s) purchased.
- Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
Edgewater Beach and Golf Resort
- Nearest airport: Northwest Florida Beaches International Airport (ECP; 18 mi)
- Cab fare: about $55 from ECP, including a 15% tip
- Distance from Panama City: 11 miles