Resort at a Glance: El Cid La Ceiba Beach
El Cid La Ceiba Beach is an all-inclusive resort with sweeping views of the Caribbean and an onsite spa and dive center. While here, you’ll be right on the beach, a few minutes’ drive from the Playa del Carmen mainland ferry, and 3 miles from the shops and restaurants of downtown San Miguel.
- Onsite dining: Meals are served at the waterfront La Chopa Restaurant and at the à la carte Trattoria Da Salvatore. A swim-up bar serves poolside snacks and unlimited domestic beverages.
- Go swimming: Along with a stretch of private beach steps away, this resort has two swimming pools—one a tidal pool with waterfalls and rock formations.
- Underwater views: Head to the onsite dive center to take lessons from dive masters and snorkel around the Paradise and Las Palmas reefs.
- Special perks: If you stay 3 or more nights, you get one pass to the resort’s Fly High Adventures Eco-Park, where you can zipline through the jungle on six trails and catch glimpses of Cozumel’s greenery and animal life from above.
Highlights of Cozumel, Mexico
- Laid-back island blissfully free of high-rises
- White-sand beaches made for sunbathing
- Land and sea expeditions to ancient Mayan ruins, jungles, and dive sites known for deep canyons and tunnels
- More than 500 species of fish plus turtles, rays, and other aquatic life swimming amid the coral formations at Palancar Reef, one of dozens of diving and snorkeling sites
- Jazz and reggae bands play live music at bars in San Miguel de Cozumel, the island’s only city
- Waterfront promenade with street vendors selling everything from jewelry to Cuban cigars