Top Reasons to Visit Elevation Hotel and Spa
- It’s located at the base of Crested Butte Mountain Resort, just a short walk from outdoor activities on the mountain and the village’s shops, restaurants, and art galleries.
- The Summer Adventure Park has activities to keep both kids and adults busy, including a climbing wall, bungee trampolines, and an 18-hole mini-golf course. Or simply make the mountain your playground—it has trails with scenic overlooks and picnic areas.
- Handsome wood furnishings and mountain-chic decor give guest rooms and suites an upscale lodge feel.
- Each night there’s a wine reception where you can sample selected varietals.
- This getaway comes with two daily $30 credits that can be used toward spa services of 50 minutes or longer at Elevation Spa.
- Breakfast and lunch are served at the onsite 9380 Prime, but it’s best at dinnertime when all the candles are lit. One of this getaway’s options includes a daily $25 dining credit.
Crested Butte, Colorado: Small Resort Town in the Rockies with Old West Charm
Situated at 9,000 feet in southwest Colorado’s Rocky Mountains, Crested Butte is surrounded by some lovely scenery. Downtown, Victorian storefronts and art galleries line Elk Avenue, and there’s a famous rum distillery that welcomes visitors year-round. For a glimpse into the town’s history, head to the Crested Butte Mountain Heritage Museum, which has an elaborate diorama that elucidates life here in the mining days of the 1920s.
Though most famous for skiing, Crested Butte is also hailed as one of the best cities in the country for mountain biking. Some even claim the sport actually began here. A must-do for bikers is Pearl Pass—the birthplace of the “fat-tire” craze—which stretches for nearly 40 miles through rugged alpine terrain.