Hotel at a Glance: Embassy Hotel & Suites Ottawa
This family-friendly hotel sits in the heart of downtown Ottawa, amid the storybook Gothic Revival buildings that surround the Ottawa River. The hotel makes a great jumping off point for exploring the Canadian capital—you can take a boat ride on the river, or visit nearby Ottawa University and Parliament Hill.
- Stylish suites feature free WiFi and a fully equipped kitchen to help you feel at home. Bachelor and Executive suites each come with private balcony for views of downtown Ottawa.
- The Study Lounge: This onsite restaurant lets you start your day with a breakfast of scrambled eggs and fresh fruit. A $15 dining credit per night is included with this deal for Monday-Friday stays.
- Work out on recumbent bikes and treadmills in the fitness center, then sweat out toxins in the hotel sauna.
- Walk to the capitol: Parliament Hill, home to the Parliament of Canada, is just a 1-kilometer walk away from the hotel.
- Shop til you drop at the open-air Sparks Street Mall, where pedestrians browse boutique shops and sample poutine. It's just a kilometer away.
Ottawa, Ontario: Canada’s Artsy, Accessible Capital City
Canada’s bright and friendly capital city lies along the southern banks of the Ottawa River. The best sights are conveniently located in close proximity of one another, in the sparkling center of town. The Canadian Parliament conducts the business of governing the country in the imposing Gothic Revival buildings on Parliament Hill. Outside, statues honoring Queen Victoria, Father of Confederation George-Étienne Cartier, and about a dozen other important figures from Canadian history dot the grounds.
After paying your respects to the country’s most influential leaders, you can visit the nearby National Gallery of Canada. Before stepping inside, make sure to snap a photo beneath Louise Bourgeois’s massive Maman statue—a giant spider with bronze legs that seem to rise as high as the Notre-Dame Cathedral Basilica next door. For lunch or dinner, head to the ByWard Market, a huge public marketplace packed with hundreds of produce stands, restaurants, and food stalls selling cuisine from around the world.