See jousting, shop, and hit the slots at the only castle on the Strip
Hotel at a Glance: Excalibur Hotel & Casino
It may look like a castle, but Excalibur isn’t quite a step back into medieval times—it’s got a sprawling casino flickering with countless slot machines and table games. Numerous entertainment venues host a variety of shows, games, and music for all ages. Get down to the disco-fevered Australian Bee Gees, cheer on a medieval Tournament of Kings, or watch the men of Thunder From Down Under shake it. The hotel’s eclectic dining options include Dick’s Last Resort, Buca di Beppo, and Camelot Steakhouse, as well as a food court and a buffet.
- See jousting matches and dancing maidens at Tournament of Kings, a three-course dinner show.
- Dining options: There are six on-site restaurants, a buffet, and a massive food court.
- Five flavors of margarita are poured at Dick’s Last Resort, where you can also order ribs and wings, burgers, and other hearty eats. They’re all served up by a friendly, wisecracking wait staff.
- Get pampered and recover from late nights out with a facial, massage, or body wrap at The Spa at Excalibur.
- Fun for the whole family: Little ones can play arcade games while savoring Dairy Queen Blizzards.
The Las Vegas Strip: 24/7 Entertainment and Fine Dining
With an almost unlimited variety of casinos, bars and nightclubs, and live entertainment, the general consensus along the Las Vegas Strip seems to be “go big or go home.” And you can go really big here. Make a beeline for the dozens of 24-hour casinos lining the neon-lit Strip to tango with Lady Luck in high-stakes games of roulette, blackjack, and poker; or grab a front-row seat to the city’s over-the-top glitz at nightly magic, acrobatic, and musical performances. Be sure to stick around for mealtimes—casinos on the Strip are known for their fine-dining restaurants and extravagant buffets overflowing with crab legs and prime rib.
Even Sin City isn’t all casinos, all the time. Go shopping at the high-end boutiques found inside most hotels on the Las Vegas Strip. And you’ll find a surprising number of shows in Las Vegas for kids hidden among the raucous nightlife.