Twenty minutes outside the city of Detroit Lakes, the Fair Hills Resort is a family-friendly destination with more than 100 rustic cabins. Days can be spent fishing on Pelican Lake, golfing at the par-3 course, or exploring the expansive resort grounds.
Press accolades: National Geographic named the resort one of America’s top 10 “classic summer lodges.”
Start the day right with an included daily breakfast, which features pancakes, eggs, French toast, and more.
Take a dip in the heated outdoor pool, kiddie wading pool, or hot tub.
Tee off at the 9-hole par 3 executive golf course, or the full 18-hole Wildflower course, both onsite.
Pelican Lake: The resort rents out kayaks, paddleboats, canoes, hydro-bikes, and sailboats.
Go fishing: The resort has a bait shop where you can stock up on supplies for snagging muskie, walleye, and bass in the lake.
Courts for tennis, sand volleyball, shuffleboard, basketball, and frisbee golf
Detroit Lakes, Minnesota: 400 Lakes and a Summer of Events
The city of Detroit Lakes boasts its fair share of Minnesota’s famed 10,000 lakes. Located in the west central portion of the state, the region claims more than 400 freshwater lakes within 25 miles of town. Unsurprisingly, boating and fishing enthusiasts flock to the area in the summer. There are a slew of special events to accommodate visitors and celebrate the outdoors. Be sure to consult the Detroit Lakes events calendar before your trip.
Love to travel? Follow us on Facebook and Twitter for travel tips, inspiration, and photos from around the world.
What You Get
Stay for two in a one-bedroom cabin
Stay for three adults or two adults and two kids 12 or younger in a two-bedroom cabin
Stay for four adults, two adults and four kids 12 or younger, or six adults in a three-bedroom cabin
All stays include daily breakfast
Dates into October
Policies and Fees
* Reservations: Dates cannot be changed once booked; valid only for night(s) purchased
* Cancellation policy: 72-hour cancellation notice required prior to check-in or reservation is non-refundable; reservations made within cancellation window are non-refundable
* Additional fees: 15% resort fee paid at check-in
* Rates may vary by date and are subject to availability
No-shows will be charged total Groupon rate; no refunds, rescheduling, or rebooking allowed. Read the Fine Print for important info on offer details and other restrictions.
Included daily breakfast
Heated outdoor pool, kiddie wading pool, and hot tub
9-hole par-3 golf course
The Fine Print
Dates cannot be changed once booked; valid only for night(s) purchased
72-hour cancellation notice required prior to check-in or reservation is non-refundable; reservations made within cancellation window are non-refundable
No-shows will be charged total Groupon rate
No refunds will be processed by Groupon after check-in
Traveler name must match ID at time of check-in
Must be 18 or older to check in
Credit card required at check-in
15% resort fee paid at check-in.
Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
* One queen bed
* Standard occupancy: 2
* Maximum occupancy: 2
* One queen bed and two twin beds (a third twin bed is available upon request by calling the property, subject to availability)
* Standard occupancy: 3 adults, or 2 adults and 2 kids 12 or younger
* Maximum occupancy: 4
* Adding occupants above standard: $90–$140 per night for one additional guest 13 or older; $31–$72 per night for one additional guest aged 6–12 (fees depend on stay date); kids 5 or younger stay free
* One queen bed and four twin beds
* Standard occupancy: 4 adults or 2 adults and four kids 12 or younger (Option 3); or 6 adults (Option 4)
* Maximum occupancy: 6
* Adding occupants above standard: $90–$140 per night for each additional guest 13 or older; $31–$72 per night for one additional guest aged 6–12 (fees depend on stay date); kids 5 or younger stay free
Check in: 4 p.m.
Check out: 10 a.m.
Rollaways: not available
Smoking policy: no smoking inside the property
Pet policy: pets are not allowed inside the property.
Accessibility: please contact property for handicap accessibility requests or options.
Room upgrades: not available
Nearest airport: Hector International Airport (FAR; 56 miles)
Distance to Fargo, ND: 51 miles
Distance to Minneapolis: 212 miles
Cabins are sparsely furnished and do not include kitchen equipment or air-conditioning. Visit the resort’s FAQ page for additional information.
By purchasing this deal you'll unlock points which can be spent on discounts and rewards. Every 5,000 points can be redeemed for $5 Off your next purchase.