Hotel at a Glance: Fairfield Circle Inn
Fairfield Circle Inn has the charms of an upscale home with the all the amenities you’d expect of a business-friendly hotel. Inside its two-story, brick facade, you’ll find well-appointed guest rooms with Keurig coffee machines, flat-screen HDTVs, and beach decor, as well as a business center and meeting room.
- Complimentary breakfast served daily, and free coffee available all day
- Best place to relax: In the outdoor pool; the fire pit area, featuring life-size chess and bocce ball.
- Prime location: The hotel is right in the heart of Fairfield minutes away from Interstate 95, putting you close to the area’s picturesque beaches, Sacred Heart University, restaurants, businesses, Merritt parkway, Amtrak, Fairfield University, Sacred Heart, and Metro North.
- Distance from NYC: about 60 mile drive, or an hour train into Grand Central
- Great nightlife and restaurants in downtown Fairfield.
Fairfield, CT: Family-Friendly Community Outside New York City near Beaches
Fairfield is widely known as an upscale bedroom community, a place where people come to sleep after working in the Big Apple (about a 60-mile drive away). Fairfield frequently pops up on those “Best Places to Live” lists for its safety, peacefulness, and schools (it’s home to the esteemed Fairfield University). But the city isn’t boring, either. It’s gotten recent praise for its thriving downtown area and fine-dining scene, especially for its Italian cuisine. And if the action is too slow for you, the big city is easy to reach—a new rail station opened in 2012 that will get you to New York City in a little over than an hour.
Fairfield sits right on the Long Island Sound coastline, with 5 miles of beaches. On sunny weekends, stop by Jennings Beach, which is rife with volleyball nets, a sandcastle playground, a skate park, and lots of boats. The high preponderance of families means Fairfield and its nearby cities has a number of kid-friendly activities—be sure to check out the Beardsley Zoo in Bridgeport, the Bridgeport & Port Jefferson Ferry, and the Stepping Stones Museum in Norwalk, which has hands-on educational exhibits. You will also be close to golf courses, an art museum, Captain’s Cove Seaport, and The Maritime Aquarium at Norwalk