Hotel at a Glance: Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Burlington
At Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Burlington, you’re within an hour’s drive of some of the region’s most spectacular scenery. Spend your days hiking in the rugged Cascades, exploring picturesque isles in the Salish Sea, or boutique shopping in surrounding small towns. In the evenings you can sleep easy in a spacious guest room with free WiFi.
- Complimentary breakfast spread: waffles, scrambled eggs, sausage, fruit, and freshly brewed coffee
- Onsite restaurant: Bob’s Burgers & Brew serves 6-ounce burgers and inventive sandwiches.
- Splish splash: Go for a refreshing swim in the indoor pool.
- Grab a snack from the Corner Market inside the lobby.
- Eco-friendly perk: The hotel has Tesla charging stations in the parking lot.
Burlington, Washington: Small-Town Charm Within Easy Reach of the Cascades
Burlington’s draw is its location: the city lies about 90 minutes north of Seattle along the banks of the Skagit River, a nice spot for a scenic rafting trip. The city is about a 60-minute drive from North Cascades National Park, where you can climb glaciers and hike nearly 400 miles of trails that lead to outlooks with sweeping views of the Cascade Range. A 20-minute drive in the opposite direction brings you to Fidalgo Island in the Salish Sea. In addition to the island’s excellent hiking and kayaking opportunities, it’s a short ferry ride from the unspoiled beauty of the San Juan Islands.