Hotel at a Glance: Fairfield Inn & Suites By Marriott New York Brooklyn
Fairfield Inn & Suites By Marriott New York Brooklyn has one of the borough's best views from its multi-level rooftop terrace. The terrace overlooks downtown Brooklyn and Lower Manhattan—be sure to check the scenery in the evening, when the buildings are all lit up. The hotel's atrium lobby is another visual stunner. This is decked out in modern furnishings, and features large, second-story windows that let in lots of light.
- Sophisticated accommodations: Guest rooms feature luxury bedding and walk-in glass showers; some king rooms have views of the skyline.
- Nearest subway station: Union St, four blocks away. It's just a 10-minute ride to Manhattan.
- Free breakfast: Breakfast buffet includes scrambled eggs, sausage links, seasoned potatoes, fresh fruit, hot and cold cereals, and fresh bagels.
- Weekly manager's reception includes small bites from local restaurants.
- Stay fit: In addition to a 24-hour fitness center the hotel offers free bicycle rentals.
- Distance to the Barclays Center: Just a half-mile walk away.
Boerum Hill, Brooklyn: Emerging Neighborhood near Downtown Brooklyn and Barclays Center
The quiet tree-lined streets of Boerum Hill have emerged as a charming, livable hood in northwest Brooklyn, due to revitalization projects that restored the area's Italianate and Greek Revival brownstones. These 19th-century homes form a picturesque backdrop to the hood, lined with trendy boutiques and restaurants. Some of Boerum Hill's best dining can be found along a pedestrian-friendly stretch of Smith Street, often called Restaurant Row. Nearby Atlantic Avenue is known for its antique shops and cafes that are great for people watching. And you're never more than a short walk from a subway station, where you can catch trains running all over The Big Apple, while the new Barclays Center, home to the Brooklyn Nets, is just a block outside of the neighborhood's official boundaries in Prospect Heights.