Newly renovated Florida hotel with an outdoor pool and hot tub treats guests to free hot breakfast and WiFi
Hotel at a Glance: Fairfield Inn & Suites Fort Pierce
This hotel has many homey features, including a pet-friendly policy that lets every member of the family join in on your vacation. After binge-watching your favorite Netflix or Hulu shows using the hotel’s free WiFi, you can fall asleep in a comfy bed. A free hot breakfast the next morning will help you jump-start your day without having to do dishes.
- Go for a swim in the outdoor heated pool or relax in the hot tub.
- A new look: The recently updated guest rooms have microwaves and mini fridges.
- Snack time: Grab chips or a bottled Starbucks drink in the lobby market.
- Get a workout in the fitness center, which is equipped with treadmills and free weights.
- Nearest beach: Porpoise Beach (9.8 miles), South Beach Park (10.2 miles)
Saint Lucie County, Florida: Oceanfront Nature Preserves and World-Class Golf
Saint Lucie County, located about 135 miles north of Miami, is lined with quiet white-sand beaches. The area is also home to thousands of acres of parks and nature preserves, including Indian River Lagoon’s marshes and mangroves. About 20 minutes north in Fort Pierce, the Savannas Recreation Area evokes the Florida Everglades with five biological communities, from wet prairies to pine flat woods.
Aside from ecotourism, Saint Lucie County’s main draw is golfing at PGA Village. Hailed as 1 of the 75 Best Golf Resorts in North America by Golf Digest in 2009, the resort features courses mapped out by golfing legends Tom Fazio and Pete Dye. Its practice facility with bunkers simulates famous golf courses from around the world, including Pebble Beach and Doral’s Blue Monster.