What You Get
View local health guidelines for travel here
- Stay for two in a king room or four in a double-queen room
Hotel at a Glance: Fairfield Inn & Suites Minneapolis Shakopee
Conveniently situated right off Highway 169, Fairfield Inn & Suites Minneapolis Shakopee features free hot breakfast, a heated indoor pool, and 24-hour fitness center. Located less than 20 miles away from the nation’s largest shopping mall, Minnesota Zoo, and Minnesota Valley National Wildlife Refuge, this Fairfield Inn offers comfort and convenience right outside downtown Minneapolis.
- Start the day right with fresh fruit, warm cinnamon rolls, eggs, bagels, and more from the hotel’s complimentary hot breakfast offered each morning. The hotel also offers grab-n-go breakfast bags for guests on the go.
- Make a splash during a swim in the hotel’s heated indoor pool.
- Comfortable guest rooms include a microwave, small refrigerator, and coffee maker.
- ’Round the clock fitness: Guests can stay in shape while on the road at the on-site 24-hour fitness center.
- Explore the area: Guests can test their luck during a trip to Mystic Lake Casino, just 5 miles away from the hotel, or find recreational retreat at Canterbury Park, less than 2 miles away.
Bloomington, Minnesota: Gargantuan Mall and Family Fun
Located right next to Minneapolis-Saint Paul International Airport and crisscrossed by two major highways, Bloomington is fairly easy to get to. It’s a good thing, too, because the suburb’s main attraction, the largest mall in the country, draws 40 million visitors each year. When it first opened in 1992, the massive shopping center marked a new trend in retail, not just for its size—you can fit seven Yankee Stadiums inside it—but for the way it combined shopping and entertainment. In addition to more than 500 shops, the mall has half a dozen attractions including an aquarium and a comedy club. Kids will love Nickelodeon Universe, an enclosed theme park with roller coasters and friendly mascots such as SpongeBob SquarePants.
If you’re looking to learn a little something, visit Historic Fort Snelling—a restored military fort that looks just the way it did in the early 1800s, when it was the farthest outpost of the US government. Located inside a sprawling state park, the fort hosts craft demonstrations, military drills, and cooking exhibitions performed by costumed characters. The museums and galleries of Minneapolis, meanwhile, are less than 20 minutes away by car.
- One king bed
- Standard occupancy: 2
- Maximum occupancy: 2
- Two queen beds
- Standard occupancy: 4
- Maximum occupancy: 4
- Check in: 3 p.m.
- Check out: 12 p.m.
- Parking: free
- Smoking policy: no smoking inside the property.
- Accessibility: please contact property for handicap accessibility requests or options.
- Room upgrades: upgrades may be available during booking or at check-in for an additional cost.
- Heated indoor pool
- Free hot breakfast
- Grab-n-go breakfast
- In-room microwave, small refrigerator, & coffee maker
- 24-hour fitness center
- Free WiFi
- 48-hour cancellation notice required prior to check-in or reservation is non-refundable; reservations made within cancellation window are non-refundable
- No-shows will be charged total Groupon rate
- Traveler name must match ID at time of check-in
- No refunds will be processed by Groupon after check-in
- Must be 21+ to check in
- Credit card required at check-in
- Rates may vary by date and are subject to availability
- Dates cannot be changed once booked; valid only for night(s) purchased.
- Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About Fairfield Inn & Suites Minneapolis Shakopee
- Nearest airport: Minneapolis-Saint Paul International Airport (MSP; 31 mi)
- Nearest train stop: 28th Ave Station (17 mi)
- Cab fare: about $55 from MSP
- Distance from Bloomington: 15 miles