A family-friendly hotel along a creek, with free WiFi and continental breakfast; near fishing on Table Rock Lake and live shows in Branson
Hotel at a Glance: Fall Creek Inn & Suites
Fall Creek Inn & Suites puts you near two of Branson’s top draws: fishing and family-friendly entertainment. Drive about 3 minutes in one direction and you can cast your line on Table Rock Lake. Head about 10 minutes the other way to catch live stage shows.
- Sleep soundly on a comfy new bed and enjoy free WiFi in your room or suite.
- Free continental breakfast: Start your day with hot waffles, pancakes, yogurt, and fresh fruit.
- Fill up on steaks and barbecue at two onsite restaurants.
- Scenic spot: Have a cookout in the picnic area along the creek.
- Park it: The hotel’s lot has plenty of space for motorcycles and boats.
- Beat the heat with a refreshing dip in the outdoor pool (seasonal)
Branson, Missouri: Family-Friendly Theaters and Concert Halls in the Ozarks
If you take a drive through the Ozarks in Missouri, it might seem like an unlikely place to find glittering lights and stage shows—for the most part, it’s a rolling plateau of wooded hills, snaking rivers, and limestone bluffs. But follow down Route 76 and you’ll find Branson, which looks like a miniature, more family-friendly version of Las Vegas. Dozens of stages and music halls line Branson’s main strip, some of which are owned by stars such as Dolly Parton. On any given night you can watch anything from country music performances to circus acrobatics to magic shows.
If you’re traveling with kids, Silver Dollar City is a safe bet; it’s located about 5 miles west of the strip. The popular theme park is built around Marvel Cave and modeled after an 18th-century frontier town. Here you can hop on a mine-car roller coaster and take a tour by lantern through limestone caverns.