Average of 14 ratings
✈ CDC Travel Order: Effective 1/26/21 all air passengers arriving to the US from a foreign country must get tested for COVID-19 infection no more than 3 days before their flight departs and to provide proof of the negative result or documentation of having recovered from COVID-19 to the airline before boarding the flight. More information on this testing requirement can be found here.
Please Note: Some external works are currently ongoing on common areas, bar, restaurant, beach, pool and driveways. The poolside bar is now open. The restaurant is not fully operational. You can expect dust, noise, and construction workers with limited movement on property. Please contact the resort for any updates.
Flamingo Beach Resort occupies a private stretch of beach on the Dutch side of St. Maarten. An outdoor pool overlooks the Caribbean Sea, where sailboats and cruise ships float by throughout the day. When you’re not exploring life underwater, you can find a number of outdoor bars.
The island of Saint Martin, located just south of Anguilla in the Caribbean, was ranked on U.S. News & World Report’s list of the Best Islands in the World for its “soaring mountains and beautiful shorelines.” This gorgeous topography has been peacefully shared by the French and the Dutch for more than 350 years, giving the island two very distinct yet harmonious personalities. Both parts of the island, however, feature crystal-clear bays filled with fascinating coral structures and tropical fish. On the French side, it’s worth it to take a guided snorkeling trip through Creole Rock, which has a collection of boulders encircled by reefs. Dolphins, eagle rays, and barracudas are frequently spotted here.
The Dutch side is known for its quiet beaches and lively nightlife. Casual barbecue restaurants known as lolos line the shore; they serve up heaping portions of creole ribs and rice alongside guava-berry rum. The bars of Simpson Bay are filled with live music and neon lights, and when those close, locals and visitors alike keep the party going at 24-hour casinos.
Maho Village—also on the Dutch side—has its fair share of casinos as well. Nightclubs here host steel-drum bands and oceanfront bonfire parties late into the night. At the Maho Promenade, situated in the center of town, 40 duty-free boutiques sell fine jewelry, watches, and handsome handicrafts. Most shops, cafés, and restaurants stay open until 11 p.m., so you can enjoy a nightcap amid open-air patios as musicians and dancers perform nearby.
1. What is the best way to travel to the hotel from the airport? The best airport to fly in/out of is Princess Juliana International Airport (airport code: SXM). Travel distance from the airport to the hotel is approximately three miles.
2. Is there an additional occupancy fee, or do I have to purchase another voucher? The deal covers a stay for four guests. Additional occupants are not allowed.
3. Will I be approached to attend a timeshare sales presentation? Customers are never obligated to attend a sales presentation. If you are approached and decline a presentation, you will not lose the value of your voucher or have to pay additional fees.
4. Which activities and amenities are included in the resort credits? No resort credits are included in this deal.
5. Are dinner reservations required for restaurants? Is there a dress code? For information regarding your dining options, please click here or call 800-438-2929.