Top Reasons to Stay at Flamingo Waterpark Resort
- Flamingo Waterpark Resort is a family-friendly hotel centrally located in Kissimmee.
- At the onsite outdoor water park, you can kick back in the lazy river or whoosh down three water slides. Six kiddie play zones and two pools round out the park’s offerings.
- Guest rooms are decked out in tropical hues and feature cable TV and WiFi.
- You can fuel up for a long day of theme-park hopping at the onsite Tiki Bar.
Highlights of Kissimmee, Florida
Located on the banks of Lake Tohopekaliga, Kissimmee sits about 22 miles from downtown Orlando and just 16 miles from the Walt Disney World® Theme Parks. The world’s most-visited entertainment resort, it spans roughly 30,000 acres, encompassing four theme parks, two water parks, five golf courses, and the Downtown Disney® Area.
- Sample Disney itinerary: begin your day at Magic Kingdom® Park by boarding Space Mountain® Attraction, a rocket-shaped three-seater that climbs to 180 feet before entering a deep black tunnel and racing past stars, satellites, and constellations. After that, ride past the ghastly goofballs inside The Haunted Mansion. For dinner, head over to Epcot® to sample cuisine from Morocco, Mexico, France, Italy, and several other countries at the World Showcase.
- Beyond Disney: One of the most popular family destinations in the world, sunny Orlando is home to other theme parks including Universal Orlando Resort and SeaWorld Orlando.
- Downtown Orlando arts district: Shake up the typical theme-park-dominated itinerary by visiting this neighborhood, which boasts venues such as the CityArts Factory, a multifaceted patchwork of gallery spaces, and SAK Comedy Lab, which holds improv shows five nights a week.
- Museums around Loch Haven Park: The Orlando Museum of Art's collection features pieces by Georgia O’Keeffe, Robert Rauschenberg, Ansel Adams, and Andy Warhol. The park is also home to the Orlando Shakespeare Theater and the Orlando Science Center, where you can take a rover across a simulation of Mars’s red surface.