Hotel at a Glance: Fort Rapids Waterpark Hotel & Conference Center
At 60,000 square feet, the water park inside Fort Rapids Waterpark Hotel & Conference Center is the largest in central Ohio. Features include a 1,000-gallon tipping bucket, 12 water slides, an adults-only hot tub, and a concessions stand.
- Extended hours: The water park opens early (10 a.m.) for overnight hotel guests.
- Dining options: a Japanese buffet with seafood and grilled meats, a sports bar, a coffee shop, and a concessions stand located inside the water park
- Classic arcade games: Air hockey, skee-ball, and pop-a-shot are among the 5,000 games at Gold Rush Arcade.
- In-room amenities: 27-inch TV, high-speed Internet, and pillows in two comfort levels.
- Pick up souvenirs at a western-themed gift shop.
Columbus, Ohio: OSU, Acclaimed Museums and One of the Best Zoos in the Country
In 2012, Columbus made Business Week's list of America's 50 best cities, thanks in part to the city's best best-known institution—Ohio State University. While the university helps drive urban progress, Ohio's capital is much more than a college town. Its walkable downtown is home to trendy restaurants and bars as well as a groundbreaking interactive science museum, COSI, and the highly-acclaimed Columbus Museum of Art. The Scioto River bisects the city, flowing past public parks and miles of walking and biking paths. A half-hour north lies one of the country's best zoos, Columbus Zoo and Aquarium—its Director Emeritus is the famous Jack Hanna.