Four Points by Sheraton in Savannah’s Historic District
Those who stay at the Four Points by Sheraton in Historic Savannah don’t need a car—the hotel is within walking distance of the city’s biggest attractions. It sits on the edge of the historic district, just steps from the cobblestone paths of River Street, Broughton Street, and City Market, the city’s commercial and social center since the 1700s.
Some of Savannah’s best restaurants and bars are right around the corner, but you don’t need to leave the hotel to find great food. The onsite Eli’s Restaurant serves American cuisine in a casual environment for breakfast and dinner. There’s also the intimate Piano Lounge, where you can enjoy after-dinner cocktails while a musician tickles the ivories.
The hotel prides itself on finding small ways to make your stay more pleasurable. For instance, in your room you’ll find complimentary bottled water and free WiFi. Views of downtown Savannah and the Talmadge Bridge can also be enjoyed from many of the guest rooms, which are smoke free and decorated in warm earth tones.
Savannah, Georgia: Historical Mansions and Lively River Walk
Founded in 1733 as Georgia's first town, Savannah has lots of old but well-preserved architecture that helped it land on Forbes’s 2011 list of America's Best Downtowns. The city's 22 public squares are surrounded by antebellum mansions flanked by moss-covered oaks. Head to Oglethorpe Square to see the Owens-Thomas House, an English Regency–style building completed in 1819. Tours depart from the original carriage house and go past a charming parterre garden.
Another relic of Savannah's past, River Street curves for about a mile along the Savannah River's south bank. The cobblestone walkways are lined with 100-year-old cotton warehouses that have been converted into antique shops, brewpubs, and galleries. Explore the riverfront in style aboard an Old Town sightseeing trolley or during a horse-drawn carriage tour. Though the street is tamer than it was a few decades ago⎯when it was overrun with muscle cars and rowdy sailors⎯there's still plenty of energy here, with a lively pub scene and views of large ships lumbering toward the dock.
A five-minute walk west will take you to City Market, a four-block public meeting space on the edge of downtown. This section of Savannah’s sprawling historic district is one of the city's top destinations for entertainment and dining, thanks to the many artists' studios, open-air restaurants, and taverns found here.
No-shows will be charged total Groupon rate; no refunds, rescheduling, or rebooking allowed. Read the Fine Print for important info on travel dates and other restrictions.
What You Get
- Stay for two in a traditional king room
- Dates into September
Policies and Fees
- Reservations: dates cannot be changed once booked; valid only for night(s) purchased
- Cancellation policy: 24-hour cancellation notice required prior to check-in or reservation is non-refundable
- Taxes: 13% tax and $1 daily occupancy tax added at purchase
Read the Fine Print for important info on offer details and other restrictions.
Amenities and Room Details
- Piano bar
- Library and business center
- Heated outdoor pool
- Sun deck
- Exercise facility
- Free WiFi
Traditional King Rooms
- One king bed
- 30-inch LCD flat-screen TV with cable and pay-per-view movies
- Free WiFi
- Standard occupancy: 2
- Maximum occupancy: 2
- Adding occupants above standard: not allowed
- Check-in: 3 p.m.
- Check out: noon
- Parking: valet parking available for an additional $18 per day
- Rollaways: available for $10 per night
- Smoking policy: no smoking inside the property
- Pet policy: pets are not allowed inside the property.
- Accessibility: handicap-accessible rooms are available upon request; must call hotel directly.
- Room upgrades: not available
- By plane: 10 miles from Savannah/Hilton Head International Airport (SAV)
- By cab: about $25 from SAV
- By car: about 108 miles southwest of Charleston, South Carolina; about 139 miles north of Jacksonville, Florida
The Fine Print
- No-shows will be charged total Groupon rate, no refunds, rescheduling, or rebooking allowed
- Traveler name must match ID at time of check-in
- No refunds will be processed by Groupon after check-in
- Dates cannot be changed once booked
- Valid only for night(s) purchased
- 24-hour cancellation notice required prior to check-in or reservation is non-refundable
- Must be 21 or older to check in
- 13% tax and $1 daily occupancy tax added at purchase
- Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
- Breakfast is available for $12.