Sunbathe and snorkel on this hotel’s stretch of Seven Mile Beach and boogie down to live reggae bands; some options are all-inclusive
Property at a Glance: Fun Holiday Beach Resort
Fun Holiday Beach Resort puts you right along a stretch of Seven Mile Beach—Negril’s most famous attraction. If you get your fill of sunbathing on the sand and splashing in the waves, there’s plenty more to do. Let loose during the near-nightly entertainment, which includes live reggae music, fire dancing, and beach parties with an all-you-can-eat buffet (extra fees may apply).
- Check out ocean or garden views from your room’s private balcony or patio.
- Eat up: An on-site restaurant serves authentic Jamaican and international dishes.
- Grab a drink without leaving the pool at the swim-up bar.
- All-inclusive options come with daily meals and access to an open bar with local alcoholic and nonalcoholic drinks from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. Note: All-inclusive plans do not include lobster or shrimp menu items or top-shelf liquors.
- Explore the sea: Go snorkeling, sail a hobie cat, or take a banana-boat ride (extra fees).
Negril, Jamaica: Laid-Back Beach Town with Picturesque Sunsets, Snorkeling, and Cliff Diving
Located on Jamaica’s western coast, Negril is known for its white sand beaches, dramatic rugged cliffs, and coral reefs lying just offshore in the Caribbean. Its underwater beauty makes the town a popular spot for scuba diving and snorkeling at Negril Marine Park, and anglers have found the sea filled with blue marlin, wahoo, and mahi-mahi. The city has a front-row seat to some of the world’s most beautiful sunsets, and people often climb to the top of waterfront cliffs just to watch. At Rick’s Cafe, which is listed in the book 1,000 Places To See Before You Die, groups congregate every night to watch the sun dip below the horizon; some brave adventurers even leap off the 35-foot cliffs into the water.
Often called “the capital of casual,” Negril is best defined by its laid-back vibe, from the slow and steady rhythm of the indigenous reggae music to its unofficial uniform—swimsuits and flip-flops. Running along the town is Seven Mile Beach, a stretch of powdery, white sand coastline that earned a spot on Frommer’s Best Beaches in the Caribbean list. The town center comprises a shopping mall and a craft market where visitors can pick up locally produced goods.
Farther inland, the mountainous terrain harbors several eco-tourism attractions including hiking, ziplining, and waterfall tours. Take a 60- to 90-minute drive east to reach the cascading YS Falls or Mayfield Falls, where you can wade in 21 natural pools shaded by exotic tropical flowers and ferns. Or stay close to Negril by visiting the Royal Palm Reserve, where 300 acres of swamp forests and wetlands shelter more than 300 types of birds, butterflies, and abandoned Rubik’s cubes.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the best way to travel to the hotel from the airport? Sangster International Airport (MBJ) is about a 1-hour drive from the property. The hotel can arrange a private shuttle for $75 each way per couple, and public shuttles are available for about $50 each way per couple.
2. Is there an additional occupancy fee, or do I have to purchase another Groupon? The Groupon covers two guests. A maximum of four guests may stay in the Groupon-valid rooms. Please contact the property for additional guest pricing.
3. Which activities and amenities are included in the resort credits? No resort credits are included in this Groupon.
4. Are dinner reservations required for restaurants? Is there a dress code? For information regarding your dining options, please click here.