Expansive Lodge Surrounded by Great Smoky Mountains Woodlands
One of Tennessee's most popular destinations, Gatlinburg is an unusual gateway town full of things to do, see, and eat right on the border of mountainous wilderness (the entrance to Great Smoky Mountains National Park is less than a half mile away). The Gatlinburg Trolley runs throughout town and stops at all the major attractions, including Ripley’s Aquarium of the Smokies, the Great Smoky Arts & Crafts Community, and an aerial cable-car tramway. The trolley also stops at Glenstone Lodge, tucked just outside of town amid rolling hills covered with ash and hickory trees. The rustic hotel and its guest rooms exude backcountry charm, even with their proximity and easy access to Gatlinburg and the national park.
The surrounding mountains and nearby attractions are the main draw, but there’s plenty to do at the lodge. You can hone your short game on the putting green or train for the 400-meter individual medley in the outdoor pool. There’s also a two-level indoor pool fed by waterfalls within an atrium filled with tropical plants.
Gatlinburg, Tennessee: Charming Artists’ Village amid Great Smoky Mountains
Gatlinburg rests near Tennessee's eastern border, less than 3 miles from Great Smoky Mountains National Park. Here, you can hike more than 100 trails that wind past waterfalls and pioneer-era log cabins tucked deep within densely forested mountains. Or, take a bicycle ride on the 11-mile loop through Cades Cove, a broad valley of open meadows where you can see deer, black bears, wild turkeys, and vacationing college mascots. Clingmans Dome, the park’s highest point of elevation at 6,643 feet, is a great place to catch the sunset.
Gatlinburg's main attraction is probably the artists' loop. It's comprised of more than 100 craft shops, studios, and cafés, and you can watch artisans as they hand weave baskets and whittle wooden figurines. Downtown Gatlinburg itself is a mountain village filled with old-fashioned ice-cream shops and boutiques selling housemade jams and decorative gewgaws.
What You Get
- Stay for up to four in a double-queen room
- Dates into September
Policies and Fees
- Reservations: dates cannot be changed once booked; valid only for night(s) purchased.
- Cancellation policy: 4-day cancellation notice required prior to check-in or reservation is nonrefundable; reservations made within cancellation window are nonrefundable.
- Taxes: 12.75% tax added at purchase
- Rates may vary by date and are subject to availability.
No-shows will be charged total Groupon rate; no refunds, rescheduling, or rebooking allowed. Read the Fine Print for important info on offer details and other restrictions.
Amenities and Room Details
- Outdoor pool and two-tiered indoor pool with waterfall
- Complimentary WiFi
- Putting green
- Onsite restaurant
- Two queen beds
- Standard occupancy: 4
- Maximum occupancy: 4
- Check in: 3 p.m.
- Check out: 11 a.m.
- Parking: free
- Rollaways: not available
- Smoking policy: no smoking inside the property
- Pet policy: pets are not allowed inside the property.
- Accessibility: please contact property for handicap accessibility requests or options
- Room upgrades: not available
- Nearest airport: McGhee Tyson Airport (TYS; 46 miles)
- Distance from Knoxville: about 35 miles
The Fine Print
- Date cannot be changed once booked; valid only for night(s) purchased
- 4-day cancellation notice required prior to check-in or reservation is non-refundable; reservations made within cancellation window are non-refundable
- No-shows will be charged total Groupon rate
- Traveler name must match ID at time of check-in
- No refunds will be processed by Groupon after check-in
- Must be 18 or older to check in
- Credit card required at check-in
- Not valid with reward points
- 12.75% tax added at purchase.
- Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
- The lodge is close to downtown Gatlinburg and a stop on the Gatlinburg Trolley route.