What You Get
- Stay for two in a suite
Policies and Fees
- Reservations: Dates cannot be changed once booked; valid only for night(s) purchased.
- Cancellation policy: 15-day cancellation notice required prior to check-in or reservation is non-refundable; reservations made within cancellation window are non-refundable.
- Rates may vary by date and are subject to availability.
No-shows will be charged total rate; no refunds, rescheduling, or rebooking allowed.
Hotel at a Glance: Goldmoor Inn
The 4-star Goldmoor Inn stands majestically atop a windswept bluff overlooking the Mississippi River. Be sure to stick around to watch the sun set over the rushing waters—some of the best views are from the inn’s wildflower gardens.
- In-room amenities include a jetted tub, a fireplace, free WiFi, cookies, and coffee. There are also plush robes and heated towel bars.
- Dinner with a view: Request a table overlooking the river at the onsite restaurant, where the chef serves upscale dishes such as beef Wellington and seared scallops.
- Sip a glass of wine from the inn’s reserve wine cellar.
- Spa treatments include Swedish, deep-tissue, and hot-stone massages.
- Wake up to a complimentary gourmet breakfast, delivered right to your room in the morning.
- Award: 2018 TripAdvisor’s Certificate of Excellence
Galena, Illinois: Quaint Mississippi River Town with Historic Main Street
Galena’s story starts in the mid-19th century, when it first boomed as a mining town and port city on the Mississippi River. Today, the quaint historic district—which Fodor’s says “epitomizes small-town America”—is filled with coffee shops, specialty boutiques, art galleries, and restaurants in 19th-century brick storefronts.
When you’re not shopping, have a drink—Galena is home to a bustling brewing and winemaking scene, with shops and pubs showcasing locally made tipples. History buffs will want to make a stop at Ulysses S. Grant’s home, where the 18th president and Civil War general lived after the war. Head across the river to enter Iowa and check out the National Mississippi River Museum and Aquarium in Dubuque.
- One king bed
- Standard occupancy: 2
- Maximum occupancy: 2
- Check in: 3 p.m.
- Check out: 11 a.m.
- Parking: free
- Smoking policy: no smoking inside the property.
- Pet policy: please contact property for pet restrictions and fees.
- Accessibility: please contact property for handicap-accessibility requests or options.
- Room upgrades: upgrades may be available by calling the property or at check-in for an additional cost.
- Free gourmet breakfast
- Upscale restaurant
- Free in-room cookies and coffee
- Wine cellar
- Free WiFi
- Electric vehicle charging stations
The Fine Print
- Dates cannot be changed once booked; valid only for night(s) purchased
- 15-day cancellation notice required prior to check-in or reservation is non-refundable; reservations made within cancellation window are non-refundable
- No-shows will be charged total Groupon rate
- Traveler name must match ID at time of check-in
- No refunds will be processed by Groupon after check-in
- Must be 18 or older to check in
- Credit card required at check-in.
- Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About Goldmoor Inn
- Nearest airport: Dubuque Regional (DBQ; 29 mi)
- Distance from Chicago: 162 miles