Hotel at a Glance: Grand Hotel & Spa
Ocean City’s century-old boardwalk stretches along the Atlantic Ocean right outside the doors of this chic hotel. Inside, families can nosh on pizza and ice cream or splash in the indoor pool.
- Diverse dining options: Savor authentic Italian cuisine al fresco, or wake up to a hearty American breakfast at one of the onsite restaurants.
- Room with a view: Private balconies overlook the boardwalk and the ocean.
- Take a dip in the indoor pool.
- Reiki massages and mineral-infused facials are among the indulgent services offered at the hotel’s Acqua Day Spa.
- Fitness center with cardio equipment and free weights
Ocean City, Maryland: Historical Resort Town with Bustling Boardwalk
Although the beach is the main draw in Ocean City, this seaside resort town’s historical boardwalk always bustles with carnival-like energy. Constructed in 1902, the 3-mile wooden walkway is lined with old-fashioned diversions, including classic arcade games, rides, cotton-candy stands, and barbershop-dubtronica bands. At the south end of the boardwalk lies the Ocean City Life-Saving Station Museum, where exhibits tell the stories of daring maritime rescues performed by the legendary Surfmen.
Eight miles away, the quiet Assateague and Chincoteague Islands provide a stark contrast to the buzz of Ocean City. The wild horses roaming the beaches here inspired Marguerite Henry’s classic children’s novel Misty of Chincoteague. At Assateague Island National Seashore, you can observe the horses in their natural state while walking along 37 miles of sandy coastline.<p>