Hotel at a Glance: Grand Hotel & Spa
Ocean City’s century-old boardwalk stretches along the Atlantic Ocean right outside the doors of this chic hotel. Inside, families can nosh on pizza and ice cream or splash in the indoor pool.
- Diverse dining options: Onsite restaurants (some seasonal) serve everything from hearty American breakfasts to authentic Italian cuisine.
- Room with a view: Private balconies overlook the boardwalk and the ocean.
- Take a dip in the indoor pool.
- Reiki massages and mineral-infused facials are among the services offered at the hotel’s Acqua Day Spa.
- Fitness center with cardio equipment and weight machines
Ocean City, Maryland: Family-Friendly Boardwalk next to the Atlantic
Along Ocean City’s century-old boardwalk, you can savor wild-caught blue crab, play old-fashioned arcade games, and watch candymakers spin colorful saltwater taffy. The lively boardwalk, which stretches for three miles along Maryland’s eastern shore, helped earn Ocean City a spot on USA Today’s list of the “10 great places to have some fun on a boardwalk”. Kids can ride a ferris wheel and climb aboard one of the country’s oldest carousels at Trimper’s Amusement Park, a family-owned theme park for more than 100 years.
Assateague Island National Seashore—a 37-mile stretch of salt marshes running from Ocean City down to Virginia—offers a peaceful reprieve from the boardwalk’s contstant activity. The island’s famous wild horses gallop on the shores, and you can can climb up a vintage, candy-striped lighthouse, or hike the seaside forests to spot birds, including great horned owls, ruby-crowned kinglets, and great blue herons.