Hotel at a Glance: Grand Isle Resort & Spa
You’ll have your own slice of paradise in one of the private villas at Grand Isle Resort & Spa. The AAA Four Diamond award-winning resort overlooks Emerald Bay on Great Exuma in the Bahamas. Each villa offers views of the ocean or golf course, and all are equipped with free WiFi and full kitchens.
- Go for a swim in the free-form infinity pool.
- Poolside restaurant: Sip tropical drinks and dig into typical Bahamian dishes at the Palapa Grill.
- Onsite spa: Natural ingredients are incorporated in massages, facials, and beauty treatments.
- Schedule an excursion to go snorkeling, scuba diving, or fishing in the ocean.
- Use a golf cart to shuttle around the resort quickly. It’s free for guests.
The Exumas, Bahamas: Secluded Cays and Coral Reefs with Colorful Marine Life
More than 360 tiny islands make up the Exumas, a picturesque archipelago in the Bahamas that stretches more than 100 miles to the southeast of Nassau. Each island in the chain feels like a tropical paradise, with bleached-white sand and turquoise water. The seascapes here are so pretty that they were chosen as the filming location for the James Bond movie Thunderball and for much of Pirates of the Caribbean. The Hollywood connection doesn’t end there. Many stars, including Johnny Depp, Tyler Perry, and David Copperfield, own their own islands within the archipelago.
The Exumas are divided into three regions—Great Exuma, Little Exuma, and the Exuma Cays—and each has its own personality. Great Exuma and Little Exuma are nice spots for a laid-back vacation at one of a handful of boutique beachfront resorts. George Town, the capital of the Exumas, is a colorful port city on Great Exuma with a busy open-air craft market and a few nightclubs. The Exuma Cays, on the other hand, are all about seclusion—they mainly hold private homes and condos.
Most of the islands in the archipelago are cays (pronounced “keys”), which are low-lying landforms along the top of coral reefs. They’re an ideal place to spot marine life lurking beneath the waves. To the north of George Town, Exuma Cays Land and Sea Park harbors conch, lobsters, and sea turtles that you can see up close while snorkeling or scuba diving. You can also go swimming with wild pigs at nearby Pig Beach.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the best way to travel to the hotel from the airport? The property is about a 15-minute drive from Exuma International Airport (GGT).
2. Is there an additional occupancy fee, or do I have to purchase another Groupon? The villas included in this offer are valid for four, six, or eight guests, depending on option purchased. No additional occupants are allowed.
3. Will I be approached to attend a timeshare sales presentation? Groupon customers are never obligated to attend a sales presentation. If you are approached and decline a presentation, you will not lose the value of your Groupon or have to pay additional fees.
4. Which activities and amenities are included in the resort credits? No resort credits are included in this offer.
5. Are dinner reservations required for restaurants? Is there a dress code? Reservations are required for dinner and can be made by contacting the concierge. There is no specific dress code. For information regarding your dining options, please click here.