Property at a Glance: Great Wolf Lodge Sandusky
The heart and soul of Great Wolf Lodge Sandusky is its 33,000-square-foot indoor water park. Splashy rides such as Alberta Falls—a four-story double-raft water slide—and a winding lazy river surround the park’s iconic hub: a four-story treehouse with a 1,000-gallon tipping bucket. It’s soon to be joined by an outdoor water park, opening in early summer. Younger kids, meanwhile, will have a blast on the water slides and gentle spray features of Whooping Hollow and Cub Paw Pool.
The water park isn’t the resort’s only family-friendly space. You’ll also find an arcade with more than 100 games and Scooops Kid Spa, complete with ice-cream-sundae pedicure chairs.
- Extended and exclusive water park access: You can enter the water park at 1 p.m. on the day you check in and stay until close on the day you check out (essentially 2 days’ water park admission). Since resort guests have exclusive access to the water park, you won’t get stuck in long lines.
- Activities for all ages: You can use the $25 resort credit included in this deal toward games and activities, as well as at a poolside bar serving adult beverages. Explore activities by age group here.
- Hands-on crafts and activities such as face painting, hula-hoop contests, and balloon twisting at Cub Club on Wheels can entertain young children when they want a break from the water park action.
- Roomy suites comfortably sleep five or six people. Some units provide extra privacy with enclosed bunk beds.
- Use your $25 daily resort credit toward food and drinks at five restaurants and snack bars, activities, or spa treatments at Scooops Kid Spa.
- Add a PawPass or PupPass to your stay to enjoy kid-friendly activities and sweets at Creation Station, Cub Club on Wheels, Bear Paw Sweets & Eats, and more at a discounted rate. See everything that’s included here.
- Safety first: Complimentary life jackets in multiple sizes and trained life guards help keep families safe and secure.
- Driving time from Cleveland and Columbus: 1 hour and 2.5 hours, respectively
Our best tips on how to avoid crowds, dine on a budget, and dress down at Great Wolf Lodge