Property at a Glance: Great Wolf Lodge Traverse City
The heart and soul of Great Wolf Lodge Traverse City is its 38,000-square-foot indoor water park. Splashy rides such as the River Canyon Run—a raft water slide—and a winding lazy river surround the park’s iconic hub: a four-story treehouse with a 1,000-gallon tipping bucket. Younger kids, meanwhile, will have a blast on the water slides and gentle spray features of Whooping Hollow and Cub Paw Pool.
The water park, which hovers around 84 degrees all year long, isn’t the resort’s only family-friendly activity. You’ll also find mini bowling at Ten Paw Alley, an arcade with more than 100 games, and Scooops Kid Spa, complete with ice-cream-sundae pedicure chairs.
- Extended and exclusive water park access: You can enter the water park at 1 p.m. on the day you check in and stay until close on the day you check out (essentially 2 days’ water park admission). And since resort guests have exclusive access to the water park, you won’t get stuck in long lines.
- Activities for all ages: You can use the $25 resort credit included in this deal toward games and activities for kids of all ages, as well as at a poolside bar serving adult beverages. Explore activities by age group here.
- Hands-on crafts and activities such as face painting, hula-hoop contests, and balloon twisting at Cub Club can entertain young children when they want a break from the water park.
- Roomy suites comfortably sleep six, seven, or eight people. Some units provide extra privacy with enclosed bunk beds and private bedrooms.
- Use your $25 daily resort credit toward food and drinks at five restaurants and snack bars, activities, and spa treatments at Scooops Kid Spa and Elements Spa Salon.
- Add a Paw Pass or Pup Pass to your stay to enjoy kid-friendly activities and sweets at Creation Station, Cub Club, Bear Paw Sweets & Eats, and more at a discounted rate. See everything that’s included here.
- Safety first: Complimentary life jackets in multiple sizes and trained life guards keep families safe and secure.
- Driving time from Grand Rapids and Lansing: about 2.5 hours from Grand Rapids and 3 hours from Lansing
Our best tips on how to avoid crowds, dine on a budget, and dress down at Great Wolf Lodge