Log cabins on 10 acres along the Little Colorado River near Arizona’s White Mountains
Property at a Glance: Greer Lodge Resort & Cabins
Greer Lodge Resort & Cabins has been welcoming hunters, fishers, and nature lovers since 1948. This rustic lodge on the Little Colorado River is surrounded by the White Mountains and national forests; it features private trout ponds, river vistas, and open spaces perfect for kids and pets in need of stretching their legs. While here, you’ll have access to restaurants and resort-like amenities, yet still be within steps of mountainous wilderness.
- Cabins have fully equipped kitchens, outdoor grills, flat-screen TVs, covered decks, and views of the river or ponds.
- Bring your pup: Two dogs up to 50lbs. are welcome in dog-friendly cabins.
- Praise from the press: Sunset magazine named the lodge one of the top nine hotels for nature lovers.
- Stay connected with free WiFi.
- Hiking trails abound in the area—there are 16 close by in Greer. You’ll also have free access to nearby national forests.
- Explore the White Mountains: Sunrise Park Resort, a 30-minute drive away
- Recent accolade: TripAdvisor’s 2018 Certificate of Excellence
Greer, Arizona: Four Seasons of Outdoor Activities Tucked in the White Mountains
Set in a peaceful valley amid Arizona’s White Mountains, Greer attracts those who take pleasure in remoteness. The town is a four-hour drive from Phoenix, Tucson, Flagstaff, and Albuquerque, and it’s surrounded by national forests comprising the world’s largest grouping of ponderosa pines. You can go fly-fishing on the Little Colorado River, horseback riding along mountain paths, and stargazing after nightfall. Biking, hiking, and skiing at nearby Sunrise Park Resort are also popular pursuits. For a day trip, head to the Big Lake Recreation Area for a picnic and some birdwatching—you might spot up to 70 different species.