Hotel at a Glance: Hampton Inn & Suites Dallas/Lewisville-Vista Ridge Mall
About a 30-minute drive north of Dallas, Lake Lewisville offers 233 miles of shoreline, making it one of North Texas’s largest lakes. Here, you’ll find year-round boating, water skiing, and bass fishing. Set near the heart of Lewisville, Hampton Inn & Suites Dallas Lewisville puts guests less than five miles from the lake. It’s also situated near Dallas and Fort Worth, so you can see new and old Texas, respectively.
- Go swimming: The hotel has an outdoor pool, and you can also take a dip in Lake Lewisville, about 4 miles away.
- Tee off: The area is home to a dozen golf courses, including Lake Park Golf Course, an 18-hole lakefront course that was named one of Golf Digest’s best places to play in 2008–2009.
- Nifty In-room amenities: Guest rooms feature HD-LCD televisions and high-speed internet access.
- Nice perk: Guests are treated to a complimentary breakfast buffet that includes scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage patties, and build-your-own waffles.
- Raise a glass: Head to the nearby Cross Timbers Vineyards and sample Sangiovese in one of the area’s oldest farmsteads.
- Shop ‘til you drop: Vista Ridge Mall and Grape Vine Mills Mall offer more than 200 stores combined, including trendy clothing shops and independent jewelers.
- Must-see nearby: Kids can see stingrays, seahorses, jellyfish, sharks, and other colorful creatures at SEA LIFE Aquarium, located about 6 miles away in Grapevine.
Lewisville, Texas: Suburb with Large Boating and Fishing Lake and Historic Downtown
Located about 25 miles from Dallas, Lewisville enjoys a rural setting supported by a range of outdoor recreation, most of which center on Lake Lewisville. During the summer, families take to the water for boating, water skiing, and fishing. You can catch largemouth bass in coves around the water, and crappies can be found in bulk under the bridges that cross the lake. Its 233 miles of shoreline also make it a great spot for swimming. For a comprehensive view of the landscape, head to the Lewisville Independent School District Outdoor Learning Center, or LISDOLA, and hike past wetlands, forests, rivers, and streams.
A number of farms and golf courses are also scattered across the area. In town, you can dine at historic taverns and ethnic restaurants. And there are several vineyards within a short drive—the neighboring town of Grapevine was named for the wild grapes that grow there. Next to local wineries in downtown Grapevine, you’ll find galleries and craft boutiques selling work from local artists.
_No-shows will be charged total Groupon rate; no refunds, rescheduling, or rebooking allowed. Read the Fine Print for important info on offer details and other restrictions._