Less than a mile away from Principal Park and Court Avenue Entertainment District, this hotel features river views and free breakfast
Hotel at a Glance: Hampton Inn & Suites Des Moines Downtown
Situated near the Des Moines River, Hampton Inn & Suites Des Moines Downtown combines comfort and convenience for an enjoyable stay in Iowa’s state capital. Featuring free hot breakfast and an indoor pool, this hotel is just a few blocks away from Court Avenue Entertainment District, positioning guests near the shopping, dining, and entertainment of Iowa’s capital city.
- Start the day right with fresh fruit, warm cinnamon rolls, eggs, bagels, and more from the hotel’s complimentary hot breakfast offered each morning.
- Make a splash during a day swimming in the hotel’s indoor pool or relax after a day of exploring with a dip in the hotel’s hot tub.
- Separate seating areas are included in each guest room, along with a microwave, small refrigerator, and coffee maker.
- Break a sweat during a workout at the hotel’s modern fitness center.
- Explore the area: Guests can cheer on the Iowa Cubs as they take on their opponents during a baseball game at Principal Park, just a few blocks away from the hotel. Iowa State Capitol building is 1 mile away, while the Des Moines Civic Center is less than 1 mile away.
Des Moines, Iowa: Eclectic City amid Midwest Scenery
Iowa’s capital city lies along the Des Moines River in the center of the state. The brick-paved streets of the eclectic East Village are lined with art galleries, trendy cafés, and historical buildings. Larger entertainment establishments include the Greater Des Moines Botanical Garden, Adventureland Park, and the Community Choice Credit Union Convention Center—where, in 1982, Ozzy Osbourne infamously bit the head off a bat.
For outdoor fun, there’s Jester Park, which encompasses a golf course and 8 miles of hiking trails. Bison and elk herds roam the land just as they did 200 years ago; you can watch the animals from viewing stations or check out accompanying art exhibits.