Hotel at a Glance: Hampton Inn & Suites Burlington
Nature puts on quite a show around Burlington. To the west, orca whales and sea lions swim around the San Juan Islands as seabirds soar overhead. To the east, the foothills of the Cascades are topped with pristine white snow in the winter and blanketed in wildflowers in the spring. Hampton Inn & Suites Burlington is conveniently located within driving distance of both, making it the perfect home base for exploring northwest Washington throughout the year.
- In-room amenities include flat-screen HDTVs, microwaves, refrigerators, and free WiFi. Choose a suite for the most space—500 square feet.
- Free breakfast is available daily; grab an On the Run bag for a quick weekday meal.
- Bring a swimsuit for the indoor heated pool and hot tub.
- Get a workout using the fitness center’s cardio equipment and weights.
- On-site dining: Enjoy a steaming steak-and-shrimp hibachi platter at Sakura Steakhouse & Sushi Bar.
Burlington, Washington: Small-Town Charm Within Easy Reach of the Cascades
Burlington’s draw is its location: the city lies about 90 minutes north of Seattle along the banks of the Skagit River, a nice spot for a scenic rafting trip. The city is about a 60-minute drive from North Cascades National Park, where you can climb glaciers and hike nearly 400 miles of trails that lead to outlooks with sweeping views of the Cascade Range. A 20-minute drive in the opposite direction brings you to Fidalgo Island in the Salish Sea. In addition to the island’s excellent hiking and kayaking opportunities, it’s a short ferry ride from the unspoiled beauty of the San Juan Islands.