Property at a Glance: Hill Country Cottage and RV Resort
Hill Country Cottage and RV Resort lies amid 32 acres of grassy meadows nestled in New Braunfels and the Texas Hill Country. There are numerous things to do on the resort—take a dip in the outdoor and indoor heated pools, relax in one of the hot tubs, cook marshmallows beside two fire pits, or cool off in one of the three pools. It’s also within an hour’s drive of Austin, San Antonio, and other attractions in the Hill Country.
- Pick up beer and wine at the onsite General Store. Here you can also find soft drinks and fresh baked pizzas.
- Good for kids: Your children will be occupied with the resort’s playground, inflatable jump pad and pillow, and a game room stocked with an assortment of video game systems, including a Wii and Playstation 3.
- Rent a golf cart to cruise around the resort.
- Other things to do: Play shuffleboard, relax in the hot tub, or challenge your neighbors to a game of sand volleyball.
- Schlitterbahn water park is located 10 minutes away.
- Local attractions include historic Gruene, Texas, located 5 miles away. Other highlights in the area are Austin, under an hour away, downtown San Antonio, just 30 minutes from the property, and the attractions in the Texas Hill Country, just a few minutes away.
Texas Hill Country: Pastoral Landscape of Ranches, Rivers, and German-American Towns
A picturesque region of rolling hills and valleys covered in bluebonnets, the area of central Texas known as Texas Hill Country has been compared to the landscape of Tuscany by the New York Times. Texas Hill Country is a backyard playground for nearby cities, as it lies just west of Austin and northwest of San Antonio. Urbanites often escape here for the weekend to enjoy the slower pace and beat the heat—the region’s slightly higher elevation means it’s often less humid. With many state parks and spring-fed rivers, the Hill Country is also a haven for outdoorsy types; activities range from fishing and tubing to rock climbing. The Enchanted Rock State Natural Area is popular thanks to its main attraction: a gigantic pink-granite dome in the middle of the park.
Among the major towns, New Braunfels is located in the heart of the Texas Hill Country. This fast growing city is rich in German heritage and small town Texas charm. You do not have to be a certified explorer to discover the many attractions New Braunfels has to offer, whether it be our beautiful rivers, Texas’ oldest bakery, the world’s largest waterpark, or the other activities and sights. Couples, families, and the business traveler often escape here to enjoy the slower pace and the many amenities the resort and nearby area have to offer. With many tourist attractions including the spring-fed rivers, New Braunfels attracts the adventurous types. Activities range from tubing the Comal and Guadalupe Rivers, enjoying the relaxing view of the beautiful Landa Park, shopping in the historic community of Gruene, or exploring a cave at Natural Bridge Caverns.