Hotel at a Glance: Hilton Garden Inn Conway
Hilton Garden Inn Conway offers a slew of amenities to make stays as comfortable as possible. The hotel in eastern Conway, Arkansas—a short drive north of Little Rock—boasts an indoor pool, a hot tub, and a full fitness center. You can even request complimentary Stay Fit Kits from the front desk to work out in the privacy of your room
- Sleep like a baby on a Garden Sleep System bed. Guest rooms also boast 32-inch LCD TVs, microwaves, refrigerators, and coffeemakers.
- Where to eat: You can grab dinner at the Great American Grill, a quick drink at the airy Pavilion Lounge, or snacks at any hour from the 24-hour Pavilion Pantry, located in the lobby.
- Must-eat meal: Sunday brunch at the Great American Grill
- Award winner: Hilton Garden Inn Conway received TripAdvisor’s Certificate of Excellence in 2014.
- Driving time to Little Rock: 30 minutes
Conway, Arkansas: Haven of Higher Education Amid Popular Lakes and Forests
Conway boasts not one, but three colleges and universities. Often called “The City of Colleges,” Conway is home to the University of Central Arkansas, Hendrix College, and Central Baptist College. Each one is positioned within a few blocks of downtown. Stick around any of the campuses to find trendy restaurants and bars, performance halls, and athletic complexes. Drive a few miles north to shop for antiques, homemade jellies and jams, and Coca-Cola collectibles at the Pickles Gap Village flea market, which is also a good spot to get home-cooked barbecue and fudge.
Head outside of downtown Conway to enjoy the area’s abundance of outdoor recreation. Visit Camp Robinson State Wildlife Management Area, set on the shores of Lake Conway, to fish for bass, catfish, and bream. The body of water is the country’s largest man-made game and fish commission lake. You can also spot numerous local and migratory birds here.
Conway is also just a half-hour drive from Little Rock, the capital of Arkansas. There’s plenty for families to do here as well. Kids can play and learn at the Museum of Discovery, and there’s a zoo just a few miles outside of downtown.