Hotel at a Glance: Hilton Garden Inn Louisville Airport
Two miles from the Louisville International Airport, the Hilton Garden Inn Louisville Airport offers plush beds, a crackling fire in the lobby, and other convenient amenities. This large hotel just off I-65 is about five minutes from downtown Louisville, and features a complimentary 24-hour airport shuttle. You’ll be close to the Kentucky Exposition Center and Churchill Downs, home of the Kentucky Derby.
- Comfy accommodations: Guest rooms feature 32-inch HDTVs and have been refurbished with new paint and carpets.
- Great American Grill, the onsite restaurant, serves a big breakfast each morning and casual American-style dinners each night
- Grab a snack at the Pavilion Pantry, the on-location shop with microwaveable meals, beverages, and treats to take to your room
- Stay connected with the complimentary high-speed WiFi.
- Soak away stress in the indoor hot tub and pool, or get a workout in the onsite fitness center
- Downtown Louisville is 7 miles away, and you’ll be less than 2 miles from the Kentucky Derby Museum and the University of Louisville.
Louisville, Kentucky: Southern City with Legendary Sports Attractions on the Banks of the Ohio River
Sometimes referred to as the northernmost southern city, Louisville is located along the Indiana-Kentucky border on the banks of the Ohio River. Each year on the first Saturday in May, throngs of well-dressed folks descend on the city’s Churchill Downs to watch the “most exciting two minutes in sports”—the Kentucky Derby. Though the horserace and the events surrounding it last only a few days, the track hosts other races from April to November and operates a museum full of artifacts and hands-on exhibits you can see seven days a week.
Another Louisville mainstay is the Louisville Slugger Museum & Factory, which offers a 30-minute guided tour of its famed baseball-bat-making operation. The 120-foot-tall Louisville Slugger stationed out front is billed as the largest bat in the world. In the museum, you can participate in interactive exhibits that take you inside the manufacturing process and even let you test out the latest line of bats inside Bud’s batting cage. After the tour, each visitor receives a miniature souvenir bat for swatting away autograph-seeking fans.