Hotel at a Glance: Hilton Garden Inn Preston Casino Area
Hilton Garden Inn Preston Casino Area provides complimentary shuttle service to two of New England’s most popular attractions: Foxwoods and Mohegan Sun casinos. Head to either to try your luck at slots or Texas hold’em and other table games. Both casinos also boast a lively entertainment and food scenes.
- In-room amenities: Serta mattresses, microwaves and refrigerators, high-definition TVs, and ergonomic Mirra chairs designed by Herman Miller
- Classic American cuisine is on the menu at The Garden Grille, which is open for breakfast and dinner. Your stay includes daily breakfast for two.
- Get a workout in at the fitness center, followed by a relaxing dip in the heated indoor pool.
- Warm up by the fire pit on the outdoor terrace.
- Award winner: The hotel received TripAdvisor’s Certificate of Excellence in 2014; guests loved the attentive staff and convenient access to the casinos.
Preston, Connecticut: Historical Neighborhoods and Casinos
Small hills dotted with oak and hickory trees envelop the town of Preston in southeastern Connecticut. A variety of woodland critters make their homes here; you’re likely to spot white-tailed deer while exploring the town’s parks and farmlands. Along the way, you may pass a few neighborhoods listed on the National Register of Historic Places—Poquetanuck Village showcases colonial-era maritime history on the banks of Poquetanuck Cove, while the Hallville Mill Historic District has a pony truss bridge that dates back to 1890.
Preston is sandwiched between two massive casinos—Foxwoods and Mohegan Sun—which are a big draw to the area. Both offer a fun variety of slots, table games, and poker styles. The town is also a short drive from coastal villages and beaches along Long Island Sound.