Hotel at a Glance: Hilton Garden Inn Rochester-Pittsford
The Hilton Garden Inn is located in the quaint town of Pittsford near some of western New York’s most popular destinations. The Finger Lakes Region, which was named one of the country’s best wine destinations by Trip Advisor’s Traveler’s Choice awards in 2012, offers more than 100 wineries just south. The area is also known for the Finger Lakes Casino and abundant fishing, kayaking, and swimming opportunities on the lakes. To the north, Rochester offers several impressive museums and theaters hosting Off-Broadway shows. You can get to both spots via Highway 490, which is less than a mile from the hotel.
- Bottoms up: Sample wines from more than 40 local wineries at Finger Lakes Wine Center, located on a historic estate with a 19th-century mansion.
- Nifty in-room amenities: Guest rooms come with custom-designed beds with adjustable mattresses and cozy duvets.
- Tee off: Nearby Oak Hill Country Club has hosted several professional golf tournaments, including the PGA Championship and the US Open.
- Onsite dining: Use your $25 daily food and beverage credit to sample classic American fare such as beer-battered fish and chips ($13) or a steak and mushrooms sandwich ($12) at The Garden Grille & Bar.
- Must see attraction: Frommer’s calls Strong National Museum of Play “one of the finest children’s museums in the country.” It contains a re-creation of Sesame Street and a 1,700-gallon coral reef aquarium.
- Shop ‘til you drop: A half mile from the hotel, Eastview Mall features upscale retailers including Anthropologie, LUSH Cosmetics, and Coach.
Pittsford, New York: Artisan Shopping Centers Near Finger Lake Wine Trails
Located just south of Rochester in western New York, Pittsford is an upscale suburb known for its unique shopping opportunities. Head to the north side of the Erie Canal to visit the artisan jewelry shops at Schoen Place, or browse antique and custom clothing housed in classic New England cottages in Northfield Common.
The town sits about 15 minutes from Rochester, the New York’s third-most populous city. Traditionally known for its high-tech industries—Eastman Kodak, Xerox, Bausch & Lomb once thrived here—it’s emerged as a cultural hub in recent years thanks to the Rochester Philharmonic, the Strong National Museum of Play, and the International Museum of Photography and Film at the George Eastman House.
To the south of Pittsford lies the Finger Lakes Wine Country, a world-renowned wine region famous for its rieslings and chardonnays. The landscape—a picturesque stretch of steep hills and narrow lakes—is sprinkled with more than 100 wineries whose rustic architecture and unpretentious vibe has made a big splash in the culinary world.
No-shows will be charged total Groupon rate; no refunds, rescheduling, or rebooking allowed. Read the Fine Print for important info on offer details and other restrictions.