Hotel at a Glance: Hilton Los Angeles North / Glendale
This Hilton hotel is well-situated for exploring Greater Los Angeles, located just off the freeway in the northern suburb of Glendale. The property is within 10 miles of Griffith Park, the Hollywood Walk of Fame, and Universal Studios Hollywood. To the north lie the Verdugo Mountains; many guest rooms overlook their scrubby peaks.
- In-room amenities: 32-inch flat screen TV and La Source bath amenities by Peter Thomas Roth
- Grab a cocktail at the 19th-floor Horizons Lounge amid views of the Verdugo Mountains.
- Take a dip in the outdoor pool and hot tub.
- Go shopping at Glendale Galleria, about a mile south of the hotel, or the Americana at Brand, located just one mile from the hotel.
- Distance from downtown LA: 10 miles
Glendale, California: LA Suburb near Griffith Park
The Verdugo Mountains form an imposing backdrop to Glendale, a northern suburb of Los Angeles. You can explore the chaparral peaks on 2 miles of hiking trails at Wildwood Canyon Park, just 15 minutes north of town. You’ll also find plenty of opportunities to enjoy the outdoors at nearby Griffith Park. The sprawling parkland, which forms the westernmost border of Glendale, is home to both the Los Angeles Zoo and Griffith Observatory, which overlooks the Hollywood sign.
The Glendale Galleria covers much of downtown with a mélange of retail shops, restaurants, and a movie theater. Both Bob’s Big Boy and Baskin Robbins got their start in Glendale in the first half of the 20th century; you can still get food from either joint, or sit down at one of the many restaurants surrounding the galleria. If you’re in the mood for a show, pop into the Glendale Centre Theatre to see live plays and musicals.